“My Child is an Adventurous Easter”

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't say I've ever actually said those words but my kids are. Good thing about being in a multicultural family is they have been introduced to a very diverse variety of foods and they have a very open idea of what can be defined as food. My three older kids, who are almost 9, 8, and 6, will eat just about anything you give them, whether they have tried it before or not. They've eaten fried grasshoppers, raw fish, and lots of vegetables not found in the average American grocery store because when we visit family, that's what's for dinner. Of course they've also had their fair share of chicken nuggets and hamburgers. My younger ones are working on building that palate.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My oldest ate a squid on a stick while we were in Japan. I think I can get away with saying that about him.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I wouldn’t say eating any basic protein or veggie makes a kid an adventurous eater. My children eat Indian, Thai, Middle Eastern, sushi, South African, etc food, so I would say they are at least semi-adventurous. But I agree that eating lamb or seafood isn’t adventurous...
Anonymous 4

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:16 pm Lamb would be adventurous. Not many people eat that here. I don't even know if you could buy lamb at a typical grocer. I think you'd have to go to a meat market. Deer would be something one might consider adventurous in their region if there isn't a lot of deer there. They are all over here so people eat deer a lot but I can't bring myself to eat a little deer lol.
I have never in my life been in a grocery store that didn’t sell lamb. They actually sell frenched rack of lamb and lamb roasts at Trader Joe’s, which is a super basic grocery store.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

In a world where lots of neurotypical kids NEVER eat salmon, lamb, broccoli...or any vegetables at all...or any non-processed meats...or even fruit!!!...I say let's not criticize the vocabulary when folks who raise good eaters want to pat themselves on the back for it.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh hell if mine ate salmon that would be an adventure for my eldest. He used to eat anything we gave him now he tells us he will throw up if he even has to look at meat.

My second is pretty typical in his likes and dislikes.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:16 pm Lamb would be adventurous. Not many people eat that here. I don't even know if you could buy lamb at a typical grocer. I think you'd have to go to a meat market. Deer would be something one might consider adventurous in their region if there isn't a lot of deer there. They are all over here so people eat deer a lot but I can't bring myself to eat a little deer lol.
Where do you live?
RedBottoms

Unread post

the people I know who say this have kids that F***ing get excited about eating brussel sprouts so I would say she is correct lol
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yds will eat sushi but not a carrot. It was amazing he ate guacamole last night. Textures especially vegetables are a problem for him. If I were vegan he'd live on rice that's how bad it is. So the fact he tried guacamole is adventurous to him.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mine has always been an adventurous eater. We eat out a lot and always try something different.
Locked Previous topicNext topic