DH doesn't get that OUR kids had a harder time!

Unread post

I was hospitalized for over a week. My kids could only visit for a few minutes. DH had to basically be me for the entire time. My kids are 3 and 5.

He has two teens who are 15 and 16. They were spending summer break at our house but when I got sick they decided to go to BM house. I think they didn't want to help him. That is fine becAuse it isn't their responsibility.

When I got home his kids came home too. I told DH that I planned to spend a lot of time with OUR kids becAuse they had been in a hard place with my being gone.

He immediately got angry and started accusing me of favoring our kids and saying they are fine etc etc.

I don't think he is being fair by trying to pretend that our kids aren't suffering more. Im their mother and they certainly deserve some healing and emotional support from me.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Kids are resilient. They aren’t “suffering” and they don’t need healing. They missed you and now you’re back.

It’s too bad that the teens mother didn’t see this as an opportunity to show her kids the importance of helping other people, especially family. She should have insisted they stay and be with their half siblings. More self centered people entering adulthood I guess.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sounds like another fucktarded marriage....
chesterv
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Why would your teenage step children’s presence in your home limit your ability to spend time with your younger children?

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:40 pm Kids are resilient. They aren’t “suffering” and they don’t need healing. They missed you and now you’re back.

It’s too bad that the teens mother didn’t see this as an opportunity to show her kids the importance of helping other people, especially family. She should have insisted they stay and be with their half siblings. More self centered people entering adulthood I guess.
Im on light duty so I'm not able to take care of everyone like I used to before.

They didn't have to stay and help. DH didn't see anything wrong with their leaving him.

My kids have been very kind and understanding to me. His kids aren't concerned. I get they are teens.

He feels as if my absence was as hard on them as it was on our kids.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Why are your kids suffering? Get real. A situation happened, and now it's over. Move on.

Unread post

chesterv wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 pm Why would your teenage step children’s presence in your home limit your ability to spend time with your younger children?
I was making sure that he understood that I'm not running around doing everything for everyone anymore.
He was also upset because I was planning to visit relatives.

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 pm Why are your kids suffering? Get real. A situation happened, and now it's over. Move on.
My kids were more deeply influenced by my absence than anyone else.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They aren't suffering. I'm sure they missed you terribly but you are there now so the situation is over.

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 pm Why are your kids suffering? Get real. A situation happened, and now it's over. Move on.
    My kids were more deeply influenced by my absence than anyone else.
    Locked Previous topicNext topic