Now that she had her baby SM is constantly bitching about my kids having their own rooms

Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm If you were still a family and ran out of rooms with a new baby, I bet they would be sharing then. To expect they maintain their separate bs with another member of the house is ludicrous. You're teaching the wrong message.
I would never have more kids than I would have rooms for them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I agree with Momtoboys973. Things change. You either roll with them or you allow your mind to stay in a constant state of upset. As the parent to these children, you could help them to ease into the situation. Or you can convince them that dad is putting the screws to them. CHOOSE.

How many nights per week do they spend at their dad's?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:28 pm You dont just break a court order because things change. That isnt how it works

It what world is it okay for a SM to bitch constantly at the kids? They feel like she is intentionally trying to get them to not want to go there.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:21 pm Things change and circumstances change and you have to roll with the punches and make the best of it.
I always thought it was important for kids to have an extracurricular activity but because of certain circumstances, that’s not a viable possibility now, so tough. They go without that and we make the best of it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:16 pm

My ex and I (until he changed his mind last year) always felt it was important for them to have their own rooms

At this point they are 15 and 16. They don't want to start sharing a room with each other or with young kids especially when they have their own rooms at my house
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:34 pm You skipped over the last part of my reply....
It what world is it okay for a SM to bitch constantly at the kids?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:32 pm Oh, stop hiding behind that “court order” nonsense. You could end that court order in a second if you wanted. Exes who manage to coparent break “court orders” all the time if they’re both in agreement.
It’s a court order, not the Bible. It can be changed when circumstances do if both parties have done good will.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:28 pm You dont just break a court order because things change. That isnt how it works

It what world is it okay for a SM to bitch constantly at the kids? They feel like she is intentionally trying to get them to not want to go there.

The same world it's okay for you to be the b**** that you're being.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:31 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:30 pm I'd put up a temporary wall in the middle of one of the rooms and they could each have one side of the wall as their room.

Good grief the courts should not have this kind of power over where the furniture in people's houses is placed.
The rooms are not big enough for that or it would be a good plan. They are small as it is.

I disagree that the courts shouldnt have a say but we are all free to our own opinions. :)

If they're big enough for two beds against opposite walls with at least a foot on one side of each, they're big enough to put that wall down the middle and for the kid to climb into the bed.
They arent big enough for two beds on opposite walls. You wouldnt even be able to fit two twin size beds if you split it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, aren’t you lucky?
Obviously your ex isn’t that lucky even without you stepping all over him.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:29 pm Even IF I had another kid or 2 I have enough rooms for everyone

The court order applies to me also.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:26 pm You sound just like my husband's ex wife. Kids sharing rooms was not acceptable...until she had a new baby of her own and in her house, her kids had to share.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:34 pm
jas wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm If you were still a family and ran out of rooms with a new baby, I bet they would be sharing then. To expect they maintain their separate bs with another member of the house is ludicrous. You're teaching the wrong message.
I would never have more kids than I would have rooms for them.
Never say never. It happens and it's not going to kill the kids to share. They should be thankful they have a roof over their heads and a father who wants them with him. What are you doing to support them?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They are there for a week and then at my house for a week and back at his house for a week. They spend 50% of their time there.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:34 pm I agree with Momtoboys973. Things change. You either roll with them or you allow your mind to stay in a constant state of upset. As the parent to these children, you could help them to ease into the situation. Or you can convince them that dad is putting the screws to them. CHOOSE.

How many nights per week do they spend at their dad's?

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:21 pm Things change and circumstances change and you have to roll with the punches and make the best of it.
I always thought it was important for kids to have an extracurricular activity but because of certain circumstances, that’s not a viable possibility now, so tough. They go without that and we make the best of it.

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There isn’t anything wrong with them sharing a room. They are both boys. Work it out with the ex that they will share a room and spend even less time at his house.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Here we go again with the "rooms aren't big enough to put a dividing wall between them."

If I were your ex husband, I'd set up the rooms however way I see fit. And then, if you'd like to take me to court, I'd welcome you to do so. CHOICES.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:31 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:30 pm I'd put up a temporary wall in the middle of one of the rooms and they could each have one side of the wall as their room.

Good grief the courts should not have this kind of power over where the furniture in people's houses is placed.
The rooms are not big enough for that or it would be a good plan. They are small as it is.

I disagree that the courts shouldnt have a say but we are all free to our own opinions. :)
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My kids stayed in my ex's bedroom because he only had a one bedroom apartment. Granted this was eowe and not 50/50. But they lived. Unless they're brother and sister I can't see why this can't be worked out in some way. A divider for example. But this is MC land so of course no compromise is possible.
Locked Previous topicNext topic