U.S Navy Acknowledges: MMR Vaccine Caused Viral Mumps Outbreak

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Since December, 2018, the U.S. Navy warship Fort McHenry which was deployed to the Persian Gulf, has been quarantined, stranded at sea because of a Viral Mumps Outbreak that has stricken 27 sailors and Marines. All service members on the ship had been vaccinated with the MMR — measles/mumps/rubella—vaccine, but the vaccine is defective. The mumps takes 25 days to incubate.

US Warship Fort McHenry
“The ship hasn’t made a port call since early January and now isn’t likely to for at least another month — a very long stretch at sea that’s a morale killer for the crew. Typically deployed US warships have port calls at least once a month to repair systems and rest the crew.”

“The Navy’s position is that vaccines are effective at reducing the incidence and severity of vaccine-preventable diseases,” BUMED told BI. Unfortunately, “the mumps portion of the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the least effective of the three components, providing 88% effectiveness after completion of the two dose series”

https://ahrp.org/u-s-navy-acknowledges- ... 7Y48Qxuo6o
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I call BS at “caused”. There’s a difference between a vaccine having lower effectiveness and that being the CAUSE of the disease.
Vaccine failure doesn’t equal causation.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:46 pm I call BS at “caused”. There’s a difference between a vaccine having lower effectiveness and that being the CAUSE of the disease.
Vaccine failure doesn’t equal causation.
The MMR vaccine is a live vaccine.
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

AHRP is not a source I would rely on. The title is complete fabrication. The vaccine not being 100% effective does not mean it caused the outbreak.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lol. NOPE.

Random “quotes” with no name attached?

Right, and I have some swamp land in Arizona.....
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Why is it always immediate denial when news like this comes out? Merck is in a lawsuit for falsifying the efficacy of the mumps portion of the vaccine....seeing as so many fully vaccinated populations are contracting mumps, -- geeee.. wonder why
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The problem with this article is that none of the sailors have been diagnosed with mumps. They have viral parotitis which can be caused by any number of infections including Influenza A and strep (as well as mumps, Epistine-Barr, parainfluenza etc). I imagine that on a naval ship the spread of any number of infections is pretty easy. It's a "mumps-like" virus because it causes the glands to swell and can be caused by mumps but it is doubtful that any of the sailors have the mumps. There is no opting out of vaccines in the military so the chances of that many sailors all getting mumps is basically non existent.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hmm, not the mumps
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-navy ... eak-2019-3
A viral infection, parotitis, with symptoms similar to the mumps, has spread across the USS Fort McHenry, a Whidbey Island-class dock landing ship, affecting a total of 25 sailors and Marines.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh and there are over 700 military members that serve on that ship so only 27 coming down with parotitis is small potatoes.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:32 pm Why is it always immediate denial when news like this comes out? Merck is in a lawsuit for falsifying the efficacy of the mumps portion of the vaccine....seeing as so many fully vaccinated populations are contracting mumps, -- geeee.. wonder why
I'm considering the source and the fact if it were really mumps NPR, ABC, Fox news and others would have picked up the story. But I've heard nothing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic