I can't stand the grandparents!! They ignore my daughter. What to do?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:07 pm
Sassy762 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:13 pm People like that are horrible. I would ignore them completely, stop sending pics and if they send gift cards...use them to buy your dd whatever she wants
It's the uncle daddy saga.
I've read all about the uncle saga. I can promise you that I'm not her. Just because someone else has issues with grandparents doesn't mean that it's the same person. It's silly to assume and then accept it as a fact. How ridiculous. I'm just trying to come to grips with my emotions with the situation I'm going through. I'm not that crazy uncle whatever woman. Good grief!!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:07 pm
Sassy762 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:13 pm People like that are horrible. I would ignore them completely, stop sending pics and if they send gift cards...use them to buy your dd whatever she wants
It's the uncle daddy saga.
No, it's not. πŸ™„
Anonymous 6

Unread post

How could he have left you while you were pregnant (implies a relationship) and yet you only met him twice? And why are you expecting a warm relationship with the family of a man that you only met twice?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:15 pm I don't think I would continue sending pics through messenger. It seems they have you "on the down low" and don't want people to know that they even message with you. Unless you feel that YOU are getting something positive out of this, I would not continue. Since your DD has never met them, I would just be done.
I agree so much with this!! I feel like they're embarrassed and that's why they don't want me as friends on FB. I'm getting mixed signals though because the grandmother just recently sent a gift card for my daughter's Birthday. She also knew that I was having car trouble and asked of she could help out with the expense. I turned her down but she seemed genuine. I thought that she might finally be coming around but I felt like it was a slap in the face once she announced on FB that she was going to be a grandmother. I can't help but be upset.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

If they haven't bothered with you or your daughter in 8 yrs., I would assume they have no interest in starting now. I would move on.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:21 pm How could he have left you while you were pregnant (implies a relationship) and yet you only met him twice? And why are you expecting a warm relationship with the family of a man that you only met twice?
Sorry. I didn't mean to imply a relationship. I had only met him twice. We had met through mutual friends. After the second time, he stopped talking to me. Later I found out I was pregnant, hit him up on Myspace and he blocked me. I decided to not bother with him and that I would raise my baby on my own. After he agreed to the paternity test, I thought that he might have grown up and would want to be involved but NO! drugs are more important to him. I don't want him in my daughter's life. So are you indicating that since I barely knew their son, that they should not want a relationship with their grandchild????
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:30 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:21 pm How could he have left you while you were pregnant (implies a relationship) and yet you only met him twice? And why are you expecting a warm relationship with the family of a man that you only met twice?
Sorry. I didn't mean to imply a relationship. I had only met him twice. We had met through mutual friends. After the second time, he stopped talking to me. Later I found out I was pregnant, hit him up on Myspace and he blocked me. I decided to not bother with him and that I would raise my baby on my own. After he agreed to the paternity test, I thought that he might have grown up and would want to be involved but NO! drugs are more important to him. I don't want him in my daughter's life. So are you indicating that since I barely knew their son, that they should not want a relationship with their grandchild????
By your own admission you decided not to bother with him. You made this choice & now you are suffering the consequences of that choice. You waited years to let them know about her & came at them with expectations that aren't realistic considering YOU made the choice to exclude them for so long. Now you're having a fit, blaming him & his parents because you are wanting a reunion fairy tale and it's not happening. Again, you made this bed & now you have to lie in it. Your daughter is collateral damage because of YOU.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:57 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:27 pm What's your relationship with the father of your daughter like? What's the grandmother's relationship with him like? What were the circumstances around you getting pregnant? And how old is your daughter?
My daughter's dad is not involved since drugs tend to rule his life. He has only met her once. His mother claims to miss her son and wishes that he would get his life together.
Since he left me while I was pregnant, I decided to not contact his parents until my daughter was older. Of course they wanted a paternity test and luckily he agreed to having one done. He was proven to be the dad. Well nothing has changed. They just don't seem interested at all. As for your other questions, my daughter's father and I really didn't know each other that well. TBH, I had only met him twice. My daughter is eight.
You have to realize that all circumstances involved are not exactly ideal. Plus they didn't even know about her until she was older. You stole their opportunity to get to know her from the start. It can't be a shock that their relationship with her now would be strained. You said they are super excited for their upcoming grandchild? Yeah, you took away their chance to have that same excitement for your daughter.
I'm not necessarily saying that what they are doing now is right. But I think it's understandable, and it's largely due to the actions of their son and yourself. You can't blame them solely.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

oh, you're back.

can you find a new storyline to troll about?

thanks in advance.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:35 pm You should have thought about this when you lied to them for 9 years and drug them through DNA testing so you can claim their dead son's social security benefits. Of course grandma is excited. Her first,true grandchild is being born
This was my first gut instinct on who it was too.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic