Does technology make you paranoid?

Deleted User 670

Unread post

There was an article in the paper just yesterday about a woman who had a Nest camera in her girls' bedroom that had been hacked. I'd never put one of those devices like Alexa in my home where it's always listening, I value my privacy too much.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m team don’t care.

It is a little freaky how you can be talking about something and then suddenly your phone is showing you ads but it doesn’t bother me. Nor does anyone listening to my Alexa, poor whoever is probably bored out of their minds lol
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No... If I was committing crimes it might, but I don't really care who knows when I need to buy more dishwasher soap.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That is crazy. I knew I wasn't losing my mind. Alexa is really listening to us. wow
Deleted User 638

Unread post

It does. That's why I'll never have Alexa or anything like it. I'm also uncomfortable with how dependent so many people are on technology for everyday activities.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Don't forget about these smart tv's.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

#1 - I don't have Alexa or anything of the sort. Even our phones are too old to have Siri or anything similar.

#2 - I wouldn't even see an email about veins because it would likely go into my Promotions tab and I automatically delete everything in Social and Promotions without looking at it.

So I can't see myself having the problem that you had.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:00 am There was an article in the paper just yesterday about a woman who had a Nest camera in her girls' bedroom that had been hacked. I'd never put one of those devices like Alexa in my home where it's always listening, I value my privacy too much.
Creepy. I value the privacy of everyone in my household too much to put a camera in any bedroom or bathroom. Even without the hacking, that's just too creepy to think that parents could see their kids changing and stuff.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:57 am Don't forget about these smart tv's.
What about smart tv's?
Locked Previous topicNext topic