They are still going to bring pb&js to the park

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a child with a severe peanut/tree nut allergy. We have been going to the park since she was an infant and we never had a problem..When she was younger I monitored everything and tried my best to keep her away from nuts. Now, that she is older I tell my daughter don't expect special treatment or for everyone to be sympathetic to her allergies, but to take responsibility for herself. She carries her epi pen at all times. She knows how to use it. (she has never used it in 13 yrs).

It's crazy to think you can limit what people eat at the park.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 pm So basically, f**k it if a child there dies. You don't care enough to help keep them safe.
No one is morally obligated to change their everyday lives because of the allergies of other people's children. It's the job of the parents to keep their children safe.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd do the same. You can't just hand out flyers and make rules. People who do so are hilarious, entitled twats.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:20 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:02 pm My kid can live without having a pbj every time they go to the park. There are a million different lunches they could have. A child with a severe allergy may not survive contact with my child's peanut butter hands all over the equipment. I wouldn't have an issue following their request.
It is great that your kids have options for lunch. What about the kids that dont?
There are plenty of things just as cheap as a pbj. If that is what they have, they can eat their sandwich, wash their hands, and then head to the park. Our school is peanut free, guess what, no one starves.
HandMmom12
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

A little dramatic, aren’t we? While I respect the fact that there are allegies to certain food items, expecting an entire community to cater to the needs of one child at the expense of hundreds more is ridiculous. This is where the parent of the child with the allergy steps up and handles the situation by monitoring their child and being prepared for whatever comes their way.
If you are under the impression that this child will never, ever in their entire life will never, ever be in contact with these items, then those parents are not doing their job.
The world does not revolve around any one person. Don’t be that person that thinks that it does.
((Currently eating and loving, peanut butter cookies))

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 pm So basically, f**k it if a child there dies. You don't care enough to help keep them safe.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Peanut allergies are dramatic... The end result is death. And if that death occurs at a park, where all the children get to watch the incredibly awful death of a child, the entire community is affected. Especially in a small town...
It's bizzare that these parents would rather risk that than just leave the peanut butter at home...

HandMmom12 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:42 pm A little dramatic, aren’t we? While I respect the fact that there are allegies to certain food items, expecting an entire community to cater to the needs of one child at the expense of hundreds more is ridiculous. This is where the parent of the child with the allergy steps up and handles the situation by monitoring their child and being prepared for whatever comes their way.
If you are under the impression that this child will never, ever in their entire life will never, ever be in contact with these items, then those parents are not doing their job.
The world does not revolve around any one person. Don’t be that person that thinks that it does.
((Currently eating and loving, peanut butter cookies))

RedBottoms

Unread post

I have a child with a life threatening peanut allergy. Or I did before he completed Oral Immunotherapy.

Anyways, I did not expect people not to eat PB. But I do ask that you have your child sit down in one spot to eat the sandwich and then afterwards wipe off them and any PB from table seat etc.

Don't let your kid run around rubbing PB all over the playground equipment or door handles etc. Don't let your kid eat PB in the pool (have actually seen this). Don't let your kid walk around eating the sandwich getting it all kinds of places.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You are most certainly morally obligated to try not to kill any children...
AnnieArk wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:27 pm
No one is morally obligated to change their everyday lives because of the allergies of other people's children. It's the job of the parents to keep their children safe.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Isaacsmom913 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:06 pm
Oh dear, you’re one of those.

As a parent it’s my job to keep MY CHILD safe. As such if my child had allergies LIKE ME it would be my job to prevent contact. If we are at a park my assumption needs to be that there is someone who lives in a peanut factory and keep my child as safe as possible. This means carrying their Benadryl and or Epi Pen EVERYWHERE. Then when snow flake is big enough to teach him to do the same.

Here’s the thing—even if the pal is peanut free, and we wash hands this doesn’t mean a spot wasn’t missed and Jr. won’t be exposed.

Education is worth far more than fear lingering and stupidity!
You need to educate yourself. Benadryl and epipens won't magically cure you or stop you from dying. Every time you use an epipen it must be followed up by an emergency room visit. Also plenty of people have died even after having 1 or more epipens used on them.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I'd have told anyone who confronted me to go f**k themselves, this is a public park and if they're so concerned about my kid's pb&j then they are free to run home, wrap themselves entirely in bubble wrap and hide under the F***ing bed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic