Should my kid have sucked it up?

Anonymous 10

Unread post

I'm sorry but you remind me of the person who told their kids they cant play with my ds because they get hurt around him. Not that hes hurting them but they get hurt when hes in the room. For example they were playing dodgeball and their kid got hit in the face with a foam ball and my ds was in the room. He was nowhere near their son and h ed didn't throw the ball but he was there.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I feel bad for the kid that got hurt. But I don't know a single kid who doesn't know that one can get seriously hurt playing dodgeball. If you play the game, you assume the risk.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:10 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:53 am I wouldn't have said "suck it up" , but I would have said "you're fine, take a deep breathe, go have fun" unless it was becoming an actual problem, like the girl was following him around trying to hurt him. getting hit is part of the game. The friend has no idea if she did it on purpose or not unless they heard her say she did. I wouldn't have gotten an attendant and made a big deal, I would have just said directly to her "be a little more careful, okay?"
Seriously? Its DODGEBALL, the girl is supposed to THROW the ball at the other players trying to HIT them in order to eliminate them from the game
Object of Dodgeball
Eliminate all opposing players by getting them 'out.' The easiest way to eliminate a player is to hit them with a dodgeball. You can also eliminate a player by catching one of their throws. This is how to really turn around a game; when you catch a thrown ball, not only do you eliminate the thrower, but you can bring back one of your own eliminated players
https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/how ... ners-guide
Yes, which is why I wouldn't have made a big deal over it since it was likely an accident. But, hitting them with the ball does not mean trying to smack them directly in the face over and over, so if that was going on, I'd tell her to knock it off.
RedBottoms

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:39 am This just reminded me of the time I took my kids to a waterpark and a lady was yelling at my kid for splashing water. She went and complained to a lifeguard. The lifeguards face expression was unforgettable.
It depends. If the kids are purposefully splashing others in the face that don't want to be splashed-that is rude. But just in general splashing is to be expected
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:24 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:14 pm Although I am pretty sure this is a troll post just in case it isn't. He is 13 not 2 and got hit by a ball and you went and told an adult on the other child. Do you see how foolish this is?
He is 10. She is 13
Eh, that really doesn't change anything.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:24 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:24 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:14 pm Although I am pretty sure this is a troll post just in case it isn't. He is 13 not 2 and got hit by a ball and you went and told an adult on the other child. Do you see how foolish this is?
He is 10. She is 13
Eh, that really doesn't change anything.
Lol just thought I would straighten that out.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:09 am You , ds or his friend do not know for sure the girl thew the ball purposefully at your sons face unless of course you three are psychic or mind readers.
Also some people are not athletically inclined or just seriously suck playing games or any type of sports.
Perhaps your son didnt move fast enough and is embarrassed to be clocked in the face by a girl.
I would have laughed also because its a damn game and if you are a whiny sore loser that whines to mommy everytime you are hurt...dont play
Kermie
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Ugh it’s dodgeball ffs I sincerely hope you didn’t humiliate your kid by tattling gross
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

But. It is dodgeball. Suck it up, if you want to play.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

:lol:
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:18 am This is why I hate places like this. I don't like sports. I don't like aggressiveness. Not how my family operates. Its probably why we are all artists lol

I would have said something to the girl and her parents and alerted an employee. I also might have "accidentally" belted her with the ball. But its why I banned myself from these places. I am too worried my son might break an ankle and f**k up his dance career-and it always ended in someone getting hurt or upset because kids act like animals at these places
:lol: Of course YOU would.
Locked Previous topicNext topic