Should my kid have sucked it up?

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dodgeball at a trampoline park... yeah face hits are going to happen regardless of aim or intention. Your kid should have sucked it up and played a different game.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

When I was a kid and we played dodge ball in school, it was against the rules to throw the ball at anyone's face.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:18 pm When I was a kid and we played dodge ball in school, it was against the rules to throw the ball at anyone's face.
Yes, and plenty of balls still landed in faces. There is constant motion in a dodgeball game with jumping, ducking and dodging, as well as running back and forth. Kids aren't always the best at aiming either so while it is against rules to AIM for someones face, face hits can happen regardless. ow add in this took place at a public trampoline park and not a school gymnasium.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The only way to know if it was on purpose is if she was going around hitting other people in the face too. And unless that was the case, then some variation of "suck it up" is appropriate.

If she WAS purposely bashing kids in the face, clearly all the other kids need to gang up on her.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I doubt she had such amazing aim that it was on purpose.,
I would have told my kid to shake it off and either keep playing or play something else.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:14 pm Although I am pretty sure this is a troll post just in case it isn't. He is 13 not 2 and got hit by a ball and you went and told an adult on the other child. Do you see how foolish this is?
He is 10. She is 13
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Im with your dh it is part of playing the game. I used to get hit the face in gym
Anonymous 9

Unread post

The kid is 10, your dh is right, it is part of the game. I would have just given my kid the once over, saw no injuries and told him, the entire point of dodge ball is to hit the other person. If you can't handle being hit, don't play. Seriously you over reacted
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah, that's a risk you take when you play dodgeball, tell him to suck it up and play something else.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn't be surprised if multiple kids got hit in the head at that place. Those places are zoos and some kids are jerks. Some parents are also jerks, that's how the kids turn out to be jerks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic