Instacart - What would you have done?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ok, so I placed an instacart order for 3 things I needed today rather than try and get my kids into the car. One of them wasn’t available, so I subbed something else.

The guy turns up at my door, I get my stuff and hand him a $20 tip because it’s Easter and the poor guy has to work.

After he leaves I realize the order is showing on my phone as “cancelled” with a total charge of $0, so I call instacart to let them know the guy actually delivered the stuff and I thought the substitution was right around the same price as the original item so they should just go ahead and charge my card.

The guy I was speaking with said he needed to liaise with another department and asked me to hold. I said, “I have explained what happened to you and trust that you can deal with it internally at this point so I’m going to hang up. If you need additional information, you have my phone number and e-mail.”

The guy seemed annoyed. I think just calling them when I saw the error was more than I needed to do. What say you?
RedBottoms

Unread post

I understand you not wanting to hang around on hold. I think you did more than was required to just notify them to start with
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You did the right thing. They'll figure it out.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You did as you should have. Ball's in their court now.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:24 pm You did as you should have. Ball's in their court now.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The rest is on them, you did your part. IF they charge the card..Fine. IF not that's their fault, not yours now
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Are you sure the guy understood that the $20 was a tip? Could he have thought that you wanted to pay with cash instead of your card?

(I’ve never used instacart...)
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Donnie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:23 am Are you sure the guy understood that the $20 was a tip? Could he have thought that you wanted to pay with cash instead of your card?

(I’ve never used instacart...)
Think you need a credit/debit card to order off Instantcart.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic