I made him walk in the rain at 8am

EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Try Diatomaceous Earth which kills the ants when they get into it. DE is not poisonous but it really works. Last year I put some of it on the kitchen counter when we had an invasion and it was very effective. I grant you, piles of DE are not the most attractive but so far we haven't even seen any ants. I put some in front of both doors last year and eventually they stopped coming inside through that route. Any home and Garden store should carry it.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 am Try Diatomaceous Earth which kills the ants when they get into it. DE is not poisonous but it really works. Last year I put some of it on the kitchen counter when we had an invasion and it was very effective. I grant you, piles of DE are not the most attractive but so far we haven't even seen any ants. I put some in front of both doors last year and eventually they stopped coming inside through that route. Any home and Garden store should carry it.
I was researching ant bait this morning. Thanks for the info!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 am Try Diatomaceous Earth which kills the ants when they get into it. DE is not poisonous but it really works. Last year I put some of it on the kitchen counter when we had an invasion and it was very effective. I grant you, piles of DE are not the most attractive but so far we haven't even seen any ants. I put some in front of both doors last year and eventually they stopped coming inside through that route. Any home and Garden store should carry it.
I use this too when ants try to invade every Spring. I put it on the outside of my windowsills and on every ant hill I see outside. Except I think my ants are smart because it never worked till I mixed it with sugar so they'd eat it. It's supposed to dissolve them but I watched them walk through it unfazed by their ant hills outside.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That's a logical consequence. I'd save the mopping for the next time you see dog food on the floor.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Spray the area with an orange oil based cleaner. The orange oil is a neurotoxin that kills insects and it fucks with the ant's pheromones that they lay down for the other ants to follow. I use Murphy Oil Multi-Use Cleaner Spray with Orange Oil. It gets rid of the ants really fast without pesticides.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:28 am
I use this too when ants try to invade every Spring. I put it on the outside of my windowsills and on every ant hill I see outside. Except I think my ants are smart because it never worked till I mixed it with sugar so they'd eat it. It's supposed to dissolve them but I watched them walk through it unfazed by their ant hills outside.
DE desiccates insects, literally sucking out the moisture from their bodies. The microscopic shards are also like tiny razors. It works great as a flea powder on dogs and cats too.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Natural consequences
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My kids walk to school 2 miles at 7am in the rain everyone it rains. And they are much younger. They aren't made of paper, they won't melt.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm surprised he did it. I've been trying to convince my daughter (same age) to go across the road to the shops to buy a couple of things for me, and she outright refuses to because she "doesn't like the rain".
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:02 am Spray the area with an orange oil based cleaner. The orange oil is a neurotoxin that kills insects and it fucks with the ant's pheromones that they lay down for the other ants to follow. I use Murphy Oil Multi-Use Cleaner Spray with Orange Oil. It gets rid of the ants really fast without pesticides.

I went and bought some of this and it smells really good! I used it to clean under the fridge and stove, and my floors again.
Locked Previous topicNext topic