Easter drama killed the mood

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hosted Easter this year. I set up a big Easter egg hunt, got stuff for lunch and dinner and had a nice big cake for dessert. I sent out actual invites and invites on Facebook to make sure I had all my bases covered and so there would be no confusion

The egg hunt was at 11 am. There were about 20 or so.kids participating. We all had a lot of fun

My SIL and BIL show up at 1245. They were annoyed that we had the egg hunt without their kids. We were in the middle of eating when they showed up. They were irritated that we started eating without them.

I tried to be polite but lost my patience when SIL was saying I should round up all the eggs and set up another hunt. I told her no, that I set it up once before and I'm not going to go around getting the eggs from the kids. Plus I had no more candy

MIL started getting a little irritated also. The kids started noticing things were tense. I told MIL that she could set up a hunt if she wanted but none of the stores were open for more candy.

In the end there was not quite a screaming match but close. MIL, SIL, and BIL left angrily. They aren't usually this dramatic. Even the kids were talking about how it was fun until they showed up.

I'd honestly rather not invite them ever again.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Let me guess, you are in England or Australia where Easter is pretty much over already?
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

So at 11 when the hunt was supposed to start no one sent a text to BIL and asked where they were because the kids were going to get started? If my sister was late and I knew my niece and nephew would like the egg hunt I'd be calling her to see what was wrong.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:08 am So at 11 when the hunt was supposed to start no one sent a text to BIL and asked where they were because the kids were going to get started? If my sister was late and I knew my niece and nephew would like the egg hunt I'd be calling her to see what was wrong.
We werent even sure if they were coming or not. They never even RSVPd
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:05 am Let me guess, you are in England or Australia where Easter is pretty much over already?
Correct. It is just after midnight here making it no longer easter anymore :D
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I hope you kicked them to the kerb.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:14 am I hope you kicked them to the kerb.
Lol I wanted to. Instead I just waited for them to leave on their own
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Congratulations australian troll on winning the golden troll award on Easter Sunday.
Attachments
troll trophydownload (2).jpeg
troll trophydownload (2).jpeg (5.13 KiB) Viewed 254 times
RedBottoms

Unread post

Well next time don't invite them. Team you. You did nothing wrong. You stated the start time. You started on time to not make your other guests wait and you threw a nice party. If they wanted to participate they should have shown up on time.

In the future, don't invite them. I stopped attending inlaw things because SIL always showed up hours late and we were expected to wait on her and I was not doing that bullshit. Late people are the bane of existence.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:08 am So at 11 when the hunt was supposed to start no one sent a text to BIL and asked where they were because the kids were going to get started? If my sister was late and I knew my niece and nephew would like the egg hunt I'd be calling her to see what was wrong.
We werent even sure if they were coming or not. They never even RSVPd
So...nobody in the family ever talks? MIL didn't speak the her son all last week and ask what they are doing? Your DH didn't call his brother and ask if he's coming over this weekend? Odd. Usually when there is a holiday coming up people talk about their plans in random conversations.
Locked Previous topicNext topic