That's what happens when you canceled

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Last week Mil got into a huge argument with her daughter.Sil told her that her kids would not be coming to Easter dinner because it's her Ex's time with the kids. It's their spring break so they won't be home until next weekend. For some God-Forsaken reason this infuriates Mil and she texted us on Wednesday that she was hosting Easter Dinner. Eh just responded sorry to hear that. It was no big deal and we made other plans. We decided to go to my brother's house and see my family. Well, DH just got a phone call from his mother bitching because we didn't come to her house for Easter and she made all this food and it's wasted. She spent all this time dying Easter eggs and we didn't even bother to tell her we weren't coming. I have to mention my kids are well past the age of Easter eggs. My husband reminded her of the text she sent canceling her dinner and she said I was just upset and didn't mean it. Like how were we supposed to know that you she was just talking out her was and didn't mean it. Dh just asked her how were we supposed to know the difference and told her we had to go because he was being rude to my family and said by......I'm so totally confused about this. Why is she so upset with us? What did we do wrong
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:32 pm Last week Mil got into a huge argument with her daughter.Sil told her that her kids would not be coming to Easter dinner because it's her Ex's time with the kids. It's their spring break so they won't be home until next weekend. For some God-Forsaken reason this infuriates Mil and she texted us on Wednesday that she was hosting Easter Dinner. Eh just responded sorry to hear that. It was no big deal and we made other plans. We decided to go to my brother's house and see my family. Well, DH just got a phone call from his mother bitching because we didn't come to her house for Easter and she made all this food and it's wasted. She spent all this time dying Easter eggs and we didn't even bother to tell her we weren't coming. I have to mention my kids are well past the age of Easter eggs. My husband reminded her of the text she sent canceling her dinner and she said I was just upset and didn't mean it. Like how were we supposed to know that you she was just talking out her was and didn't mean it. Dh just asked her how were we supposed to know the difference and told her we had to go because he was being rude to my family and said by......I'm so totally confused about this. Why is she so upset with us? What did we do wrong
I'm confused
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:40 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:32 pm Last week Mil got into a huge argument with her daughter.Sil told her that her kids would not be coming to Easter dinner because it's her Ex's time with the kids. It's their spring break so they won't be home until next weekend. For some God-Forsaken reason this infuriates Mil and she texted us on Wednesday that she was hosting Easter Dinner. Eh just responded sorry to hear that. It was no big deal and we made other plans. We decided to go to my brother's house and see my family. Well, DH just got a phone call from his mother bitching because we didn't come to her house for Easter and she made all this food and it's wasted. She spent all this time dying Easter eggs and we didn't even bother to tell her we weren't coming. I have to mention my kids are well past the age of Easter eggs. My husband reminded her of the text she sent canceling her dinner and she said I was just upset and didn't mean it. Like how were we supposed to know that you she was just talking out her was and didn't mean it. Dh just asked her how were we supposed to know the difference and told her we had to go because he was being rude to my family and said by......I'm so totally confused about this. Why is she so upset with us? What did we do wrong
I'm confused
Sorry. I'm so upset. It was suppose to be she texted Wednesday saying she was not hosting Easter Dinner..
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yeah, if someone said they weren't hosting anymore, I would believe them and make order plans too. She has no one to blame but herself. Maybe she can find a homeless shelter or something to take the food to.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Obviously you didn't do anything wrong.

Obviously your MIL is the reason that controlling MIL stereotypes exist.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Play bitch games, win bitch prizes. She can spend Easter alone. She should have just enjoyed the holiday with you and DH and the kids. But she pouted and threw a tantrum and now she can spend it alone. Team you. You did nothing wrong
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds like she expected you to somehow instinctively know she still wanted you to come over. DH said his mom used to be really bad about telling people she wasn't going to do something then getting upset people didn't do it anyway. She got better only after everyone else started declining her invites to things.
Locked Previous topicNext topic