If you have someone that regularly cleans your house....

Anonymous 1

Unread post

How often do you tip that person, buy small gifts for their children, or something similar?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

All the time
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I paid our cleaning lady $200 cash every two weeks, and she was rarely here even 4 hours, so I felt that was more than adequate. And she was self-employed, so she kept all profit. I only have her a Xmas bonus.

But I let her go several years ago, as it was more stressful to have to “pre-clean” & “de-clutter” prior to her arrival.

I have been debating lately about hiring one again, as now th kids are older and can be more efficient with assisting in decluttering.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm I paid our cleaning lady $200 cash every two weeks, and she was rarely here even 4 hours, so I felt that was more than adequate. And she was self-employed, so she kept all profit. I only have her a Xmas bonus.

But I let her go several years ago, as it was more stressful to have to “pre-clean” & “de-clutter” prior to her arrival.

I have been debating lately about hiring one again, as now th kids are older and can be more efficient with assisting in decluttering.
Ditto. I had someone in weekly for $110 and it probably only took her 4 hours to clean my house. I did give her a Christmas bonus.

I let her go a few years ago for a different reason. I originally hired her to help her out when my cleaning lady moved on. She was a friend and a SAHM and the family was having financial difficulties. Well a divorce later, she still had not done much to get more work. Ultimately the stress of her dumping her problems on me and also relying me to the point that when I asked her to skip a week because we were away, she tried to guilt me, proved to much and I let her go.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I heavily tip the week of Christmas, Thanksgiving, and her birthday. Normal tips the rest of the time. I keep her supplied with her favorite tea.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

None. I never would have thought to tip her... I pay her to do her job so what's the point of tipping?
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:05 pm None. I never would have thought to tip her... I pay her to do her job so what's the point of tipping?
Because she's a service worker imo would be the best reason
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:05 pm None. I never would have thought to tip her... I pay her to do her job so what's the point of tipping?
If it was just one person who runs their own business, I probably wouldn’t tip regularly, but if it is someone who works for a cleaning company, I would.
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

When we had a housekeeper, I tipped her when I paid, which was monthly, along with a Christmas and birthday bonus.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm I paid our cleaning lady $200 cash every two weeks, and she was rarely here even 4 hours, so I felt that was more than adequate. And she was self-employed, so she kept all profit. I only have her a Xmas bonus.

I can understand de- cluttering. I do that which is why I don't bother with a cleaning woman-i assume they don't do that. But I wouldn't pre clean. I used to clean for a family. Trust me she wasn't pre cleaning lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic