I wonder if my kids will be disappointed with no Easter baskets?

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:22 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:26 pm Oh yes!
owl0210 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:19 pm It’s times like these that I miss Yuppy lol.

I think Yuppy is here but under a different sn.
Why do you think that? And what name?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:59 pm
Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:41 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 pm Are you OK? For some reason, I'm thinking I read once before about you feeling tired all the time.
Are you that same poster? If so, did you ever go to the doctor?

I have posted about it. I’m always tired. I have been to the doctor, thanks for asking. It isn’t medical. It will just take time to get back to normal. I’m taking the summer off of college for some self care and fun

Do you work? Maybe stress is causing you to be so tired.
I work full time and go to college part time. I have two kids in activities and I’ve had a rough few years. It’s stress, depression, insomnia and trauma...I’m working on things.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 pm Why wouldn’t you?

It’s just a matter of going one isle over at
The grocery store...
I usually do more than candy.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Candy isn’t even expensive at regular price. Lol Easter is once a year. My kids enjoy that basket that one day a year. When they are adults , and not living with me, I’ll miss preparing baskets for them. I only get so many years to do this.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pm Candy isn’t even expensive at regular price. Lol Easter is once a year. My kids enjoy that basket that one day a year. When they are adults , and not living with me, I’ll miss preparing baskets for them. I only get so many years to do this.
It’s not the expense.
There are a million things that I’ll miss when they are adults. Making Easter baskets is not on my list. Maybe I’ll feel like it before Sunday. But I haven’t felt like much
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:01 pm They will be ok. I haven’t done an Easter basket for my kid in years. She’s 14.
I haven't either. Yds wants an Easter chocolate bunny and ods never much liked candy. I got him funny socks.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My DD is 12. She's not really into it anymore, but I'm just going to pick up some candy and a gift card and put it in the same basket she had last year. It'll take all of 5 minutes..lol.

At least she can't say she didn't get anything.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:49 pm
KaiandKadensMama wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pm Candy isn’t even expensive at regular price. Lol Easter is once a year. My kids enjoy that basket that one day a year. When they are adults , and not living with me, I’ll miss preparing baskets for them. I only get so many years to do this.
It’s not the expense.
There are a million things that I’ll miss when they are adults. Making Easter baskets is not on my list. Maybe I’ll feel like it before Sunday. But I haven’t felt like much
Are you doing anything to get yourself out of this awful mood. Saying your tired is an excuse.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 pm
Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:49 pm
It’s not the expense.
Are you doing anything to get yourself out of this awful mood. Saying your tired is an excuse.
Tired doesn’t really encompass exactly how I feel. It’s just the easiest way to explain it. And yes I’m doing everything I know how to move past this and it’s more than just a mood.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:59 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:58 pm How old are they?
I wouldn't worry about it.
13 & 11
Same age as my two girls and I am doing them. It would depend on how they feel about it. But personally, with my two, I like to keep the tradition going. They will have Easter baskets until they are 18. Even this year we are still doing the Easter egg hunt. It is only this year for the first time that my 11 year old doesn't want to do egg art.

While they may not be disappointed, I think they would enjoy the idea still at those ages. Once a childhood tradition is gone, it is gone!
Locked Previous topicNext topic