I wonder if my kids will be disappointed with no Easter baskets?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm
Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 pm Mine would but we don't make it all about candy.
I used to put games and stuff in the baskets too. Last year was the first year no one wanted to color eggs.
I figure just like Valentines day, or the fact that I didn't wrap Christmas presents (bags this year) They will be fine.
We do gifts in our baskets plus new outfits, shoes (we dress up for Easter) and then a little candy and I wrap everything for Christmas. Holidays are just special to me and I do them big.
Same with our family
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:05 pm I would feel too bad. I did them.
I think my exhaustion will outweigh that this year. And if they complain, I just spent a bunch on shoes
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:29 pm
I think my exhaustion will outweigh that this year. And if they complain, I just spent a bunch on shoes
Why are you so exhausted? Take some me time.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I would too. I'd at least be like hey heres an Amazon gift card I didn't have to leave the couch for enjoy!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I put forth the effort because when they're older, they're going to remember. My 24 year old still gets a kick out of the basket he got when he was 18.

If you're living at home - you get a basket. Nothing elaborate - basket, annoying shredded crap, jelly beans, bunny, icky peeps and a plastic thing that poops jelly beans. That's it. Easter isn't the new Christmas.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm cheap and have always went the day after holidays for candy.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They will be ok. I haven’t done an Easter basket for my kid in years. She’s 14.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm I put forth the effort because when they're older, they're going to remember. My 24 year old still gets a kick out of the basket he got when he was 18.

If you're living at home - you get a basket. Nothing elaborate - basket, annoying shredded crap, jelly beans, bunny, icky peeps and a plastic thing that poops jelly beans. That's it. Easter isn't the new Christmas.
At 41 I barely can remember when my mom stopped. It’s effort. It’s hard to explain.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It’s times like these that I miss Yuppy lol.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

owl0210 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:19 pm It’s times like these that I miss Yuppy lol.
Me too!
Locked Previous topicNext topic