Which dress for Easter?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:40 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:34 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:29 pm

I'm not the one who said people were only disagreeing with me because they wanted to be assholes. That's some ego you have.

I don't judge you for showing your shoulders. Those dresses are great for a fun night on the town. I'm sure you look nice. They're not appropriate for church. Quantum explained it well. You chose to ignore her.
She didn't explain it well in my opinion. She just kept calling them inappropriate, while saying it isn't about what they are covering, without giving any reasons why they are inappropriate. Yeah, I am choosing to ignore her because I don't really care if someone on the internet thinks my dress is inappropriate, that has nothing to do with what I asked. I think they are appropriate, as does my family, as do the members of my church, and that is all that matters.
And yeah, I do think the large majority of anons complaining about them are just trying to be assholes.

A t-shirt and jeans covers everything. Would you wear them to a formal evening wedding? No, you wouldn't because it would be disrespectful to the couple and their families. It's the same thing with those dresses. It's not showing respect to the church to wear date night clothes. It's not anti-feminist to cover up some for church. It's about respect. I don't know how to put it any plainer.
And what if the wedding couple asks you to wear a tshirt and jeans? Would you ignore them and think everyone there who listened to the couple is being disrespectful? You have not been in my church, why do you just assume that you know what the dress code is? What people are expected to wear and what is considered respectful? There is nothing I am showing in these dresses that needs to be covered up in order to be respectful, if someone has such an issue with seeing a shoulder, that is their problem, because I doubt God minds.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:57 pm

She didn't explain it well in my opinion. She just kept calling them inappropriate, while saying it isn't about what they are covering, without giving any reasons why they are inappropriate. Yeah, I am choosing to ignore her because I don't really care if someone on the internet thinks my dress is inappropriate, that has nothing to do with what I asked. I think they are appropriate, as does my family, as do the members of my church, and that is all that matters.
And yeah, I do think the large majority of anons complaining about them are just trying to be assholes.

A t-shirt and jeans covers everything. Would you wear them to a formal evening wedding? No, you wouldn't because it would be disrespectful to the couple and their families. It's the same thing with those dresses. It's not showing respect to the church to wear date night clothes. It's not anti-feminist to cover up some for church. It's about respect. I don't know how to put it any plainer.
And what if the wedding couple asks you to wear a tshirt and jeans? Would you ignore them and think everyone there who listened to the couple is being disrespectful? You have not been in my church, why do you just assume that you know what the dress code is? What people are expected to wear and what is considered respectful? There is nothing I am showing in these dresses that needs to be covered up in order to be respectful, if someone has such an issue with seeing a shoulder, that is their problem, because I doubt God minds.

It wouldn't be a formal evening wedding if the couple asked people to wear jeans and tees. We'll have to agree to disagree on the rest of it.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

second
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Olioxenfree, unless you feel the need to defend yourself, I wouldn't engage with anyone who seems argumentative. Just see which dress people tend to vote for or pick the dress you want to wear and wear it.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:01 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:57 pm

It wouldn't be a formal evening wedding if the couple asked people to wear jeans and tees. We'll have to agree to disagree on the rest of it.
And it's not a formal evening church service when they specifically say to come in whatever you want and half the people show up in jeans and tshirts. Many churches don't equate what you're wearing to how much you respect the service.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:29 pm

I'm not the one who said people were only disagreeing with me because they wanted to be assholes. That's some ego you have.

I don't judge you for showing your shoulders. Those dresses are great for a fun night on the town. I'm sure you look nice. They're not appropriate for church. Quantum explained it well. You chose to ignore her.

The art of dressing appropriately seems to be lost. At my son's wedding there was a guest who showed up in basketball shorts and an oversized t-shirt. He was the plus one of someone my DIL works with. This outfit also included white sports socks (pulled up) and dirty tennis shoes.
I see this kind of thing a lot. Church isn't a place to look sexy. Weddings aren't a place for your best yoga pants and slip on shoes.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:44 pm

The art of dressing appropriately seems to be lost. At my son's wedding there was a guest who showed up in basketball shorts and an oversized t-shirt. He was the plus one of someone my DIL works with. This outfit also included white sports socks (pulled up) and dirty tennis shoes.
I see this kind of thing a lot. Church isn't a place to look sexy. Weddings aren't a place for your best yoga pants and slip on shoes.

Our society is becoming so inconsiderate.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

None of the dresses I posted are "sexy." They are knee length and show zero cleavage. Showing my shoulder is dressing sexy?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:49 pm

Our society is becoming so inconsiderate.
If you consider it "inconsiderate" to wear a knee length dress just because you can see the wearers shoulders, you need to get your eyes off everyone's shoulders and back up at the altar.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

None. They're all ugly and not appropriate for Easter Service. And no, it has nothing to do with what is covered vs what is showing. GTFO this shoulder obsession you seem to have. Like others have said, they're more suited to a backyard BBQ or a date night, not a church service; no matter the dress code.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Locked Previous topicNext topic