Was I lied to? Can't get epidural till 7?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

After hearing other people's birth stories I am starting to think my nurse lied to me. When I had my first she asked if I wanted a epidural or pain meds I said yes. At about 5 I asked for them. She said she couldn't give me till I was at 7. Good thing is I didn't make it that far because I ended up with a c section but I have been hearing birth stories of people getting the meds at 4! Why did I have to be in pain for 12 hours without meds?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She didn’t lie, different hospitals have different policies. Part of the reasoning is because it slows down labor so many doctors like to see a good number before they’ll allow one.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk, I was at 7 when I went in, and I could have had one but my labor went too fast. I was at 10 within 2 hours and the guy didn't make it on time.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Agreed.
LuckyEightWow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:04 pmShe didn’t lie, different hospitals have different policies. Part of the reasoning is because it slows down labor so many doctors like to see a good number before they’ll allow one.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Don't epidural slow labor down? Idr. Maybe they want you mobile as long as possible. I'm not sure why.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

They told me 4 but I went from 3 to 10 too fast and was shot out of luck
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My sister had hers at 3 with 2/3 kids and the two she had them at 3 were all 24 hour labors with pitocin
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I am CRNA and part of my job involves epidurals. I have had orders of anywhere from 4-7. It just depends on the facility
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:04 pm She didn’t lie, different hospitals have different policies. Part of the reasoning is because it slows down labor so many doctors like to see a good number before they’ll allow one.
This right here. It varies from hospital to hospital. I was about 7 when they gave me mine. Prior to that I was given stadol to help stave off the pain until they could give me my epidural.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Have no idea, because I was opted c-section from the get go.
Locked Previous topicNext topic