I think this is a good compromise

Anonymous 1

Unread post

On the Lori Laughlin case, a comment I read on FB is that in leu of jail time, she should have to fund scholarships for underprivileged kids until the amount of money she bribed is paid back.

I don't even feel like she should get jail time to be honest. You hear all these cases of rapists, murderers, baby touchers, etc getting no time or very little, and now they want to throw someone in the slammer for years for bribery/paying her kid's way into college.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would want her to really feel the financial penalty - to some people funding some scholarships would be like losing 10 bucks out of your pocket. I dont know what amount of money would make her feel it, so to speak.

I do think that making something good from something bad in the form of benefiting other students is a great idea.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Her attitude is probably why people think she should serve time. Or maybe it has changed since she got hit with several more charges, I don't know. Smiling and signing autographs at the courthouse like she did nothing wrong was disgusting.

I don't think it's a good idea to say since so and so got away with their crime this one should too.
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

She isn't above the law and deserves prison time for the federal offenses that she committed.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

She shoulda listened to Martha Stewart. Her entitled attitude is what bit her in the ass.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

It may not be a popular one.. but my opinion is prison should be reserved for violent criminals (pedophiles, rapists, murderers, etc.) Non-violent criminals should receive other consequences (fees, community service, house arrest, etc.)
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Maybe, but she might not learn the lesson that way then, and might just feel like no matter what she can just pay her way out of her troubles.
Locked Previous topicNext topic