Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:28 am
Pjmm wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:43 am

You are ASSuming a note would even make a difference

At the school my kids go to you are allowed 6 absences. Those include excused absences
Okay and what will the school do call CPS for truancy? I'd say go ahead. Some kids do have chronic illnesses. Look at these measles cases. I knew one kid had pneumonia. My coworker was out for a week over flu. I'm sure schools have policies in place for unusual doctor excused illnesses. Otherwise I'd be at the next school board meeting.
They face retention. School.attendance is compulsory we cant change that.
Mine wouldn't. Not for missing six days throughout the year. As I mentioned both my kids were terrible about turning in excuse notes in hs. I often had to nag, email and call the school. I still had no problems with threats of retention. Op's school policy is ridiculous if you ask me.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Your son was suspended from school for a while. That is why he is skating on thin ice with all of his missed days.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 am Your son was suspended from school for a while. That is why he is skating on thin ice with all of his missed days.
That would make sense but how do you know this? She's anon with a style that could be anyone's.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 am Your son was suspended from school for a while. That is why he is skating on thin ice with all of his missed days.
My son has never been suspended. EVER. He is on thin ice with absences due to having the flu last month as I stated previously
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I am SO glad it is not like that here. It would stress me out so much. They always leave it up to the parents discretion regardless of how many previous absences. I hate that people are forced to send very sick kids to school. That helps no one!
Anonymous 10

Unread post

They have attendance policies here too but they refuse to allow students with a fever to stay in school. At all.

As for the comments about him seeing how the world works, I have yet to see an employer allow an employer to stay at work when they have a fever without an actual diagnosis that it was something they couldn't spread.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:39 am Your kid is very sick but you cannot be bothered to get him a note for an excused absence? Then don't gripe.
Here it doesn't matter if it is excused or not more than 5 days absent and you fail the quarter. She has stated the same except he will be held back. This isn't about excused or unexcused.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's ridiculous.

Maybe he'll get a bunch of staff sick, then they will eliminate this policy.

Sick kids and adults belong at home. Should be obvious.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:39 am Your kid is very sick but you cannot be bothered to get him a note for an excused absence? Then don't gripe.

At the school my kids go to you are allowed 6 absences. Those include excused absences
Okay and what will the school do call CPS for truancy? I'd say go ahead. Some kids do have chronic illnesses. Look at these measles cases. I knew one kid had pneumonia. My coworker was out for a week over flu. I'm sure schools have policies in place for unusual doctor excused illnesses. Otherwise I'd be at the next school board meeting.
In our school it isn't truancy that is the issue but after 5 absences they fail you for the entire quarter. A sinus infection wouldn't cut changing that. An unusual case would accident, hospital stay etc but would need to go prove your case and sit with the school superintendent, school principal and guidance counselor.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:45 am

In our school it isn't truancy that is the issue but after 5 absences they fail you for the entire quarter. A sinus infection wouldn't cut changing that. An unusual case would accident, hospital stay etc but would need to go prove your case and sit with the school superintendent, school principal and guidance counselor.
Ods was out four days of a quarter one year for strep. I just provided the doctors note. Some of these policies are ridiculous especially when strep, flu, mono are contagious. Bronchitis can be if it's viral. Like I said in my day the teacher sent home school work and worked with these kids. We need to go back to that not threaten parents. Now college yes ods goes to take tests if he has leprosy lol. He has to. But my school advocated keeping our kids home if they were unwell because we had state testing. They prefer letting them come for a makeup than f**k that up lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic