Treating extra help kids different in school.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I say extra help kids because these kids are completely normal they just need a little extra help with school work.

Anyways my DD came home upset because she has noticed how their substitute main class teacher treats the extra help kids. My DD has a substitute teacher for the rest of the year because her usual teacher is on maternity leave.

Anyways the extra help teacher has noticed it with the other teachers too because she has given them the riot act but it fell on deaf ears.

If someone has a birthday treats they share them with the whole class but will not tell the extra help kids so they will not to join in the celebration and treats.

The kids in my DD school get points for good behavior and then every week they get to use their points to get toys or candy. Well for almost a month now the teacher has "forgotten" to take the extra help kids. My DD got really upset about this. She was bawling because she didn't know why the substitute teacher was so mean to her and the other kids. So I called the principal about it and the substitute teacher was mad about my call but it only worked for a day or two. Now she is back to her normal being mean to the extra help kids.

So my DD birthday is coming up in roughly a month. Usually I buy cupcakes for the main class but since the substitute teacher is mean and not letting her and the other extra help kids share classmates birthdays then DD doesn't have to share in her birthday treats. So I am planning to get cupcakes and drinks and might get party stuff like hats and horns for DD birthday but take it to the extra help kids classroom for only DD and her extra help classmates and teachers.

My DD is overjoyed about this plan. So I am going to text the extra help kids teacher to ask how many kids and teachers they are so I can put in a cupcake order at the bakery.

If you treat them differently then they can treat you differently.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

This isn’t something I would do. The children in your dd’s class are not the ones doing this, yet you plan to exclude them.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

You're throwing a birthday party at the school? That sounds over the top.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Those other children are not at fault in this, but you are going to punish THEM and not the teacher. That is not acceptable IMO and if I were the teachers in the extra help room I would tell you no. Those other kids are not excluding them. It is the teacher so you need to think long and hard about excluding kids that are innocent in this petty little game you are playing.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They are in a different classroom? Then I don't really blame the teacher for not always remembering to run and grab them when there is a birthday or they are going somewhere. She probably doesn't want to interrupt their class every time there are cupcakes. Why is their teacher in their own classroom not keeping track of their points and taking them to do those things? Do not send noisemakers in for her birthday, that is so inconsiderate of the other classrooms.
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I get what you are trying to do but it comes off as petty.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

So teach your dd to be petty & to leave other classmates out because she doesn't like something the teacher is doing.

You do know you're setting your kid up to not have friends, right?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

If they are in a different classroom that seems like a lot of extra work for the teacher to run and get them for everything. Shouldn't it be their teacher that keeps track of those things? Also you sound petty and I can't imagine any teacher being okay with a whole party happening in their class.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It’s a little more than just extra help if their in a completely different classroom than the rest of the students. How long is she in this different classroom?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Not something I’d do. It’s not The other kids’ fault. And party horns? In school?? Did I read that right?
Locked Previous topicNext topic