WWYD?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

People saying nice things to you is not a form of "keeping you on a string."

But if that's what you think she's doing, she seldom reaches out to you, and has often cancelled at the last minute, why do you keep pursuing a relationship with her?

If she keeps cancelling but you won't just spontaneously visit her, things will remain the same. Your choice. The ball is in YOUR court.

I'm sorry to say but it sounds to me like she's not interested in having a relationship with you. As much as that hurts you, I think you need to accept that and move on.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am She keeps me on a "string" by saying nice things every now and then. Just recently she said I was more like a sister to her than a cousin. So that's one reason for you.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:52 am I don't know how many times your cousin has to cancel on you or not choose you before you realize that she's just not that into you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That was ONE example. She also tries to make plans sometimes and then sometimes cancels. I think that keeps me "on a string" as well. If she just never tried at all, I could move on easier in a way. Not sure why someone would say really nice things and sometimes reach out and try to make a plan if they weren't interested at all. But that's why it's a mind F because the words do not equal action hardly at all.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:46 pm People saying nice things to you is not a form of "keeping you on a string."

But if that's what you think she's doing, she seldom reaches out to you, and has often cancelled at the last minute, why do you keep pursuing a relationship with her?

If she keeps cancelling but you won't just spontaneously visit her, things will remain the same. Your choice. The ball is in YOUR court.

I'm sorry to say but it sounds to me like she's not interested in having a relationship with you. As much as that hurts you, I think you need to accept that and move on.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am She keeps me on a "string" by saying nice things every now and then. Just recently she said I was more like a sister to her than a cousin. So that's one reason for you.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:52 am I don't know how many times your cousin has to cancel on you or not choose you before you realize that she's just not that into you.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I choose to have relationships with people based on their ACTIONS, not their words.

If you don't like how she's treating you, why do keep pursuing this?

Find someone else to hang out with.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 pm That was ONE example. She also tries to make plans sometimes and then sometimes cancels. I think that keeps me "on a string" as well. If she just never tried at all, I could move on easier in a way. Not sure why someone would say really nice things and sometimes reach out and try to make a plan if they weren't interested at all. But that's why it's a mind F because the words do not equal action hardly at all.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:46 pm People saying nice things to you is not a form of "keeping you on a string."

Anonymous 1

Unread post

to answer your question..it's because I love her. It's not about just hanging out with someone. It's about wanting HER. But I realize this keeps hurting me so that's why I wanted to see what others would do in this situation.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:56 pm I choose to have relationships with people based on their ACTIONS, not their words.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 pm That was ONE example. She also tries to make plans sometimes and then sometimes cancels. I think that keeps me "on a string" as well. If she just never tried at all, I could move on easier in a way. Not sure why someone would say really nice things and sometimes reach out and try to make a plan if they weren't interested at all. But that's why it's a mind F because the words do not equal action hardly at all.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

I understand what you want. But it sounds like she does not want the same.

My advice to you would be as I mentioned earlier. Best wishes.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:02 pm to answer your question..it's because I love her. It's not about just hanging out with someone. It's about wanting HER. But I realize this keeps hurting me so that's why I wanted to see what others would do in this situation.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:56 pm I choose to have relationships with people based on their ACTIONS, not their words.

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

3 strikes and Im out. If she has bailed on your 3 times then I wouldn't make anymore plans with her.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just let her know you're open to plans and let her come to you.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am Sounds good in theory. I just don't think it will happen.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:55 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:52 am I would meet her wherever is good for her. But I am not going to just show up at her house unexpectedly.

Personally i would just call her and say hey i wandering if your home. i was hoping to stop by and see you and the baby
This makes it sound like you aren't willing to put much effort in either. Or you just aren't really that into seeing her, but would rather play victim when she cancels on you...
Anonymous 1

Unread post

She doesn't want people to just stop by so I am honoring that. I have done so much for her over the years and I offer to meet her somewhere or go to her house if she wants that or she can come to my house. Not sure what else I can do.
sarah824 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:29 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am Sounds good in theory. I just don't think it will happen.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:55 am

Personally i would just call her and say hey i wandering if your home. i was hoping to stop by and see you and the baby
This makes it sound like you aren't willing to put much effort in either. Or you just aren't really that into seeing her, but would rather play victim when she cancels on you...
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:31 pm She doesn't want people to just stop by so I am honoring that. I have done so much for her over the years and I offer to meet her somewhere or go to her house if she wants that or she can come to my house. Not sure what else I can do.
sarah824 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Have you actually tried calling her and asking if you can come by that day and she specifically said no you can't come over? I don't think anyone was suggesting that you stop by unannounced, but calling in the morning and asking if you can swing by in the afternoon is a completely different situation. If she turns you down then I don't know what more you can do other than stop waiting around for her to make plans with you that she is going to end up cancelling...
Locked Previous topicNext topic