Are my reasons valid?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have no relationship with my father, my brother does.
My reasons-he was not dependable, he wouldn’t show up to pick us up for visitation. No call nothing. I remember sitting waiting for him for hours.
-he made his entire upstairs one big bedroom so we could never ask to move in
-he didn’t show up to my graduation
-didn’t show up to my wedding (mad that he wasn’t walking me down the aisle)

I haven’t spoken to him in 15 years. He doesn’t know my children.
My brother says I’m being petty. I say oh well
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yes your reasons are totally valid! I also don't have a relationship with my dad. My brother didn't for awhile, but now he does again. My brother thinks I should let him back in. Just because he has a relationship with him now doesn't mean that I should.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No one else gets to decide if your reasons are "valid" or not. Having a relationship - or not - with a family member is your choice, just as your brother is free to make his own choice.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:35 am No one else gets to decide if your reasons are "valid" or not. Having a relationship - or not - with a family member is your choice, just as your brother is free to make his own choice.
This exactly.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Only you get to choose if your reasons are valid or not. Don’t worry about what your brother or anyone else thinks. Easier said than done though, I know. If you’re happy with your decision and at peace, that’s what matters.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s up to you.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Of course your reasons are valid. I find a few of them petty but I’m not judging.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes they are valid but it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. No one has a right to call your reasons petty. You lived through all that, you get to decide how you feel and whether or not to have anything to do with your father.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Your reasons are valid for you. If that's how you feel, then it's your choice. Your brother has to decide what's right for him, but he doesn't get to say what is right for you.

Locked Previous topicNext topic