DS learned an important lesson

Anonymous 2

Unread post

My oldest did that a few times with class projects. Saying he’d bring in xyz for it, and tells me the morning of. Nope. Sorry, kiddo.

Happy early birthday to him.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd tell him I'm not making cookies at all. If he offered to bring them in, he can make them himself for tomorrow. He is old enough to learn some consideration of others.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Definitely have him make them himself. If he wants you to make them, he can ask you before he volunteers.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If this happened to me this morning, I'd tell my son, "Sorry. We can't bring them today but I could make them tonight and you can take them in tomorrow. Next time you want me to do something for you, just ask."

Lesson learned.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You making cookies would be a parenting fail
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh yes, the being volunteered by our child and told at the last moment. Been there!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:47 am Oh yes, the being volunteered by our child and told at the last moment. Been there!
My sons have never volunteered me. I'm not sure why except they know I work outside the home? I'll volunteer myself but they never have. Our school doesn't allow home-baked goods but I would have told him here's the recipe you make them tonight. What I usually got is I have a project- due tomorrow/ last week/ long ago in the sands of time depending on which kid it was.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:39 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:47 am Oh yes, the being volunteered by our child and told at the last moment. Been there!
My sons have never volunteered me. I'm not sure why except they know I work outside the home? I'll volunteer myself but they never have. Our school doesn't allow home-baked goods but I would have told him here's the recipe you make them tonight. What I usually got is I have a project- due tomorrow/ last week/ long ago in the sands of time depending on which kid it was.
I also work full-time (and then some) outside the home. I am fortunate to be able to occasionally take a few hours off here and there as I am much my own boss, but volunteering for me is very sparse at best. Thankfully there are SAHMs who can fill that role. My girls' school still allows home baked goods, but the ingredients are very restrictive. I totally get what you mean about a project due the next day when I am told at 6 pm that I need to go out to get bristol board or similar. Depending on the situation, that has led to a short grounding before.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:05 am
Pjmm wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:39 am
I also work full-time (and then some) outside the home. I am fortunate to be able to occasionally take a few hours off here and there as I am much my own boss, but volunteering for me is very sparse at best. Thankfully there are SAHMs who can fill that role. My girls' school still allows home baked goods, but the ingredients are very restrictive. I totally get what you mean about a project due the next day when I am told at 6 pm that I need to go out to get bristol board or similar. Depending on the situation, that has led to a short grounding before.
Yds was horrible for turning in late projects. He's not as bad now that his hs teachers refuse to accept them but my God I wanted to kill him. The final straw was a report about WWII that my father was kind enough to help him with- he can just remember rationing and the neighbors discussing Mussolini. But he had to write my dad a thank you note, cite where the information came from in the project and he got grounded- because it was late. My oldest was much better. He used to half ass science fair projects but so did I so I couldn't complain too much.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He's old enough to make those cookies himself.

Locked Previous topicNext topic