I’m ignorant on the subject, please forgive me if I sound racist. But I need help with African American hair

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would ask mom but she’s always rushed in the morning if I even see her and it’s dad whom I contact throughout the day because of mom’s busy schedule.

Little girl I watch is African American. Her hair is starting to get long and dad told me there were barrettes for her hair.

So I’ve been using them, but my question is more about lotion I put on her to help with her eczema.

I used eucerin and cover her in lotion from head to toe and then I fix her hair. That means I end up with lotion in my hands and it ends up in her hair. And I’ve found it actually helps her hair stay in place that way.

Is there any reason I need to wash my hands before fixing her hair? Or is the lotion okay? As far as I can tell they don’t use any product in her hair right now.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would ask the parents what products you can use. Coconut oil is all the rave.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ve been k own to use a little lotion/coconut oil when I discover we’re out of hair products. There’s nothing in the products that can cause any harm to the hair, but you could mention your discovery to the parents and see what they say.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have no idea, but pinterest and youtube might help???
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't know how to help. But I will say I don't think this sounds racist in the least. You are asking for help.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:32 pm I would ask the parents what products you can use. Coconut oil is all the rave.
When I get a chance I will. Dad doesn’t know. Mom is really busy.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:40 pm I’ve been k own to use a little lotion/coconut oil when I discover we’re out of hair products. There’s nothing in the products that can cause any harm to the hair, but you could mention your discovery to the parents and see what they say.
Next time I see mom I will, dad really doesn’t know. I’ve tried asking him questions and he just shrugs his shoulders.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You can't find any hair products in the bathroom or the kid's bedroom?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The lotion is fine, it won’t hurt her hair at all. Do they have anything in her room or the bathroom?
We use coconut oil mostly.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:38 pm You can't find any hair products in the bathroom or the kid's bedroom?
No, that’s why I’m assuming they haven’t used anything for her hair yet.
Locked Previous topicNext topic