Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

lab
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have a weimaraner (about 85 pounds) that I absolutely love and love the breed. If I were looking for something a little smaller than her I've thought about a viszla (about 50 pounds) which is sort of like a medium sized dog weimaraner.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:32 pmlab
Labs shed too. My Willow, who was a chocolate lab, would shed enough fur for me to knit another dog! I didn't have dust bunnies when she was alive, I had dust antelopes! Brown dust antelopes that I chased with the vacuum! lol!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a toy poodle.. He’s probably on the larger side of a toy( 12 pounds). He’s the only dog we’ve had that doesn’t make my daughter have an allergic reaction.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:25 pm What would you get?

We have a German Shepherd already. I love him to death, he is so smart, but damn does he shed. That's why I was thinking a short haired dog, maybe medium sized so I am not dealing with monster sized poops in my yard times 2 lol.

I don't want a beagle, rottie or pit bull. I have had all 3 at various times and there's certain things about each breed I don't care for.

Is there such a thing as a short haired GS that's not going to get big? Mine weighs a good 85lbs and that's as big as he will get.
If you get a furminator and use it on the dog during the spring and summer to get the undercoat, it really does help with the shedding.

We have a Belgian Malinois which looks like a flat coated german shepherd with the dark ears and muzzle but no saddle. Though she did have the dark saddle when she was a pup. She sheds too but mostly in the fall and spring. We furminate her to get that undercoat and it really helps with the shedding. I would love to get her a doggy friend, but with my brother's 3 cats that we ended up with when he died, I now have 7 cats plus Heidi and I am at my beast quota. I cannot handle any more. Actually, I was at that quota before we inherited my brother's cats.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:41 pm
Labs shed too. My Willow, who was a chocolate lab, would shed enough fur for me to knit another dog! I didn't have dust bunnies when she was alive, I had dust antelopes! Brown dust antelopes that I chased with the vacuum! lol!
True - my son has a lab, I have a husky - his dog doesn't shed by comparison :P
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

aww, i love dogs. I'd get a whippet or a greyhound, as my Italian greyhound, didn't hardly shed at all!

My min-pin mutt, sheds like crazy, which shocked me--I HATE IT! So good luck on your search.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My short haired dog sheds worse then my long haired dog, and I’ve learned over the years white dogs/white patches she’d worse the dark colors.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Boxer. They still shed but the hair is short so you hardly notice it and it doesn't "stick" around after vacuuming. So as long as you clean regularly it's not an issue. They can be more active dogs though so they need lots of exercise and attention.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Amen! We have hardwood in the living area of the house and I swear I sweep up the dogs weight in hair alone during the week

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:41 pm
Locked Previous topicNext topic