Im going to ask a personal question- please explain

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So here lately I have been noticing online here and there, that people have been complaining a lot about women who have stank issues down south. And with that I see comments like "some people were never taught how to clean their vagina".
I guess you can color me ignorant on this topic, but, what do they mean by "taught how"? As if there is some special way that you have to wash your vaginal area. Im going to be honest and say that there was no special way I was taught when it comes to cleaning that area. I've never had a problem with a smelly vagina. I just wash like I do everything else pretty much. That is, I just make sure that I am clean. How hard can it be to clean your vaginal area, for the most part it cleans itself? You just make sure you wash up around the whole area and often as you would the rest of your body, right?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I just use my regular soap down there and don't use a loofah or anything. Just lather it up and rinse it really well. You don't want to get soap inside of it. That would burn lol. No issues with stank. I also shave mine completely so I imagine that would help with like sweat and such.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I wasn’t taught either. Not sure how I did what I do. I just do. I use a wash cloth down there and scrub it easily many times. I actually DID teach my kids how to wash themselves down there and everywhere though. I knew I wasn’t taught and I just felt like telling them how to.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:19 pm I just use my regular soap down there and don't use a loofah or anything. Just lather it up and rinse it really well. You don't want to get soap inside of it. That would burn lol. No issues with stank. I also shave mine completely so I imagine that would help with like sweat and such.
I shave mine too. It just seems so nasty to me to have hair there.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:20 pm I wasn’t taught either. Not sure how I did what I do. I just do. I use a wash cloth down there and scrub it easily many times. I actually DID teach my kids how to wash themselves down there and everywhere though. I knew I wasn’t taught and I just felt like telling them how to.
Yeah I feel like its just a natural thing you pick up. sure i am sure I was told at some point when I was being taught to wash my whole body. But there wasnt an extensive how-to on washing your area. I taught my kids all the same too, but again it just comes natural after that I think.
CMrefugee
Donated
Donated
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

This made me giggle. 😄

I was never taught either and I think I clean it just fine. I always thought it was just common sense but I guess not. And where are all these vaginal cleansing posts? I've missed them all.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Yeah it’s like why do I use a wash cloth? I don’t know. I like to though. But I truly do not remember being taught or told to do that. I didn’t have very good parents so I really don’t think they told me how to wash myself. I remember the first time I shaved my legs. I just did it. Didn’t ask how, just did it. I taught my dd to shave last year.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:33 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:20 pm I wasn’t taught either. Not sure how I did what I do. I just do. I use a wash cloth down there and scrub it easily many times. I actually DID teach my kids how to wash themselves down there and everywhere though. I knew I wasn’t taught and I just felt like telling them how to.
Yeah I feel like its just a natural thing you pick up. sure i am sure I was told at some point when I was being taught to wash my whole body. But there wasnt an extensive how-to on washing your area. I taught my kids all the same too, but again it just comes natural after that I think.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't remember ever being taught anything specific. I just wash the outside areas with the same soap I use on the rest of my body. Rinse it all good with water. I don't touch the inside with anything. No douches or anything like that. The inside takes care of itself.

The vulval area can have an odor, but it shouldn't be "stank". There's an odor when I'm menstruating. I also notice an odor when I'm ovulating and there is cervical mucous coming out. But it's only ever noticeable when I use the toilet.

I would think "stank" issues point to an infection of some sort.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If you practice regular personal hygiene: ie use soap all over your body including your crotch and butt crack, that should be all you need. There are women who have certain enzyme disorders that cause odors. Trimethylaminuria causes the body to have a fishy odor and it has nothing to do with how well or how often you bathe.

And you don't 'clean' your vagina. It is literally self-cleaning. It is the inner organ that is also called the birth canal. The outer region of a woman's genitals is called the vulva, NOT the vagina.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I had BV for a whole year after I had my baby! I literally thought they left something inside of me during the c section! I smelled like rotting trash!! It was awful!!! They kept treating me for a yeast infection and those meds did not work because it was not yeast!! I finally found someone that treated it correctly! I never thought I would be normal again!!

quote=Traci_Momof2 post_id=367294 time=1554939812 user_id=352]
I don't remember ever being taught anything specific. I just wash the outside areas with the same soap I use on the rest of my body. Rinse it all good with water. I don't touch the inside with anything. No douches or anything like that. The inside takes care of itself.

The vulval area can have an odor, but it shouldn't be "stank". There's an odor when I'm menstruating. I also notice an odor when I'm ovulating and there is cervical mucous coming out. But it's only ever noticeable when I use the toilet.

I would think "stank" issues point to an infection of some sort.
[/quote]
Locked Previous topicNext topic