Ex MIL actually tried to kill herself and she might not make it through

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:18 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:15 am My kids want nothing to do with them (as in anyone on their dads side of the family). They are adults now and the choice is up to them. They still want nothing to do with her because of her actions.

The move was about 3ish months after my ex died over the summer so the kids could finish school not immediate. Before the funeral they hadnt even spoken to their grandparents in over a year. I am not sure if you are not remembering the full story or if maybe you missed some of it.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am I think you're absolutely hideous and always have. If you wouldn't have ripped their last connection to their son away from them immediately after his death, none of this amped up behavior would have happened in the first place. You didn't even give these people a chance to grieve.

I don't blame her. Your cold behavior with your restraining orders likely did cause her husband's stroke and subsequent death. You've made it so that she will never see her grandchildren and have them completely turned against her.

Everyone is gone. In her spot I don't blame her for not wanting to live.

What you deserve is for your children to grow up, realize what you've done and deprived them of that they'll never be able to get back, and to leave you in the same state you've left this woman in...alone, with no one, kids gone and no access to your grandchildren.

You've taught them all of this time how to treat you. I can't fathom how someone can be so cold.
And them not wanting anything to do with their grandparents has nothing whatsoever to do with you? They haven't listened to you and your words and your feelings on them? Kids just randomly can't stand their grandparents organically, for no reason, without any outside influence?

I have a hard time understanding how that would just happen unless there was prior abuse or something of that nature.
They always were able to form their own thoughts and opinions. Imagine the grandparents you barely knew threatening to take you away from your mom, saying you can't move and do what you want, and then them taking your mom to court trying to say she was unfit. Would you honestly like someone after that?

Then they also harassed and stalked them after they lost in court. Would you like them after that?

They were never close in the first place. My kids have never fully like them. My ex wasn't even close with his parents
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:15 am My kids want nothing to do with them (as in anyone on their dads side of the family). They are adults now and the choice is up to them. They still want nothing to do with her because of her actions.

The move was about 3ish months after my ex died over the summer so the kids could finish school not immediate. Before the funeral they hadnt even spoken to their grandparents in over a year. I am not sure if you are not remembering the full story or if maybe you missed some of it.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am I think you're absolutely hideous and always have. If you wouldn't have ripped their last connection to their son away from them immediately after his death, none of this amped up behavior would have happened in the first place. You didn't even give these people a chance to grieve.

I don't blame her. Your cold behavior with your restraining orders likely did cause her husband's stroke and subsequent death. You've made it so that she will never see her grandchildren and have them completely turned against her.

What you deserve is for your children to grow up, realize what you've done and deprived them of that they'll never be able to get back, and to leave you in the same state you've left this woman in...alone, with no one, kids gone and no access to your grandchildren.

You've taught them all of this time how to treat you. I can't fathom how someone can be so cold.
And them not wanting anything to do with their grandparents has nothing whatsoever to do with you? They haven't listened to you and your words and your feelings on them? Kids just randomly can't stand their grandparents organically, for no reason, without any outside influence?

I have a hard time understanding how that would just happen unless there was prior abuse or something of that nature.
Kids can not like their grandparents for all kinds of reasons. In this case, the grandparents were not around much. They only saw them on holidays or a few times a year. I think to build a close grandparent/grandchild relationship you need to see them way more than that.

Also kids will dislike their grandparents based on how the grandparent treats them when they are together. If the grandparent is too strict or not fun the kid will lose interest. I have seen it happen with my own kids. MIL would come over and just sit on the couch and talk to DH. The kids would get bored and wander away. She was not paying attention to them.

Kids are also not stupid. They see the way grandparents treat their beloved parent and if they are not being nice to their parent-kids will pick up on that and that colors their view. These kids are old enough to be mad about all the crap they are putting their mother through.

Actions have consequences. Relationships don't just magically happen.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:00 am

Kids can not like their grandparents for all kinds of reasons. In this case, the grandparents were not around much. They only saw them on holidays or a few times a year. I think to build a close grandparent/grandchild relationship you need to see them way more than that.

Also kids will dislike their grandparents based on how the grandparent treats them when they are together. If the grandparent is too strict or not fun the kid will lose interest. I have seen it happen with my own kids. MIL would come over and just sit on the couch and talk to DH. The kids would get bored and wander away. She was not paying attention to them.

Kids are also not stupid. They see the way grandparents treat their beloved parent and if they are not being nice to their parent-kids will pick up on that and that colors their view. These kids are old enough to be mad about all the crap they are putting their mother through.

You fell for another troll post & spent time defending your own life, yet again.

My God, cant you realize by now that shit like this is posted to make fun of you & then you come in all hell bent on defending your relationship with your in-laws , which makes most of us laugh at you all over again.
Lmao
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:00 am

You fell for another troll post & spent time defending your own life, yet again.

My God, cant you realize by now that shit like this is posted to make fun of you & then you come in all hell bent on defending your relationship with your in-laws , which makes most of us laugh at you all over again.
Lmao
No. This post has nothing to do with Red

All this shit started long before she was even known by anyone
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I wouldn't.

I used to be the type that bent over backwards to keep families in tact but I did it at the expense of my own emotional well-being and that impacted my children. As someone that has had an ex (and the father of my children) use suicide as a manipulation tactic to get his way, I'd keep my children far away from her. It broke my heart to keep my children from their father and while he had no intention to actually harm himself, that kind of behavior and thinking is something a mentally ill person does and mentally ill people are not stable. It is my responsibility-and your responsibility-as a mother to give your children stability even if you have to make hard, no-win choices.

It does not matter what drove her to this. Whether it was because you "ripped" her last connection to her son away from her or you acted in a way that was cold. It just doesn't matter at this point. All that matters is your kids and if she is not stable then they should not have to be around her.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Being a grandparent doesn't mean you don't have to work at having a relationship with your grandchildren. From what I remember from earlier posts, these grandparents incorrectly thought they could demand one instead of taking time to build one.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:10 am I remember and that you also got flak because some thought your ex-inlaws were acting out based on their grief of losing their son. It's a sad situation. While I feel for the MIL, you need to look out for the best interest of your kids.
All of this.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:55 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:51 pm One can NOT overdose from Tylenol.
I am not sure what you mean by that. People overdose on Tylenol all the time.
No. It will cause you to throw up but as far as overdose it doesn't happen.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:03 am
Prove your point please. Please prove how Tylenol is the only drug ever made that you can't take too much of aka overdose.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:03 am

Please get the facts before posting something so wrong. You can start by reading the warning label on a bottle of Tylenol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic