Ex MIL actually tried to kill herself and she might not make it through

QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:51 pm One can NOT overdose from Tylenol.
Yes you can
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes one can. This may be a made up story but my understanding is Tylenol will screw your liver up. Now mil might be on the transplant list or have cirrhosis. Idk but hell kids have died from abusive feedings of salt and force feeding water even.
nmkj
Countess
Countess

Unread post

She probably thought it would be a way to manipulate you into letting her see the kids. If anything it just showed she's not a safe person to be around. If she doesn't make it it's not your fault or problem.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She sounds like a manipulative person.

I wouldn't want my kids around that drama.

I would stop talking to whoever informed you about this. Cut the drama out, cut it out now.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:04 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:57 pm

I don't know if this is a troll post. I do know that overdosing on Tylenol can damage the liver so badly that a transplant may be required.
this. You won't like go to sleep and die right then like you would if overdosing on anxiety meds or sleeping pills or pain meds. But you can permanently damage your liver
Actually you can. It would take a whole freaking bottle of 500 mgs but yea tt can happen
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't know if this is true, it seems so outlandish to me that I hope it's fake. If it is true, from what I understand in order to overdose on Tylenol it would take a lot, like a ridiculous dosage and amount. Again, from what I understand, normally when someone tries to overdose on things like Tylenol, they end up jacking up their liver. This sounds a lot like a manipulation technique if it's true.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am I think you're absolutely hideous and always have. If you wouldn't have ripped their last connection to their son away from them immediately after his death, none of this amped up behavior would have happened in the first place. You didn't even give these people a chance to grieve.

I don't blame her. Your cold behavior with your restraining orders likely did cause her husband's stroke and subsequent death. You've made it so that she will never see her grandchildren and have them completely turned against her.

Everyone is gone. In her spot I don't blame her for not wanting to live.

What you deserve is for your children to grow up, realize what you've done and deprived them of that they'll never be able to get back, and to leave you in the same state you've left this woman in...alone, with no one, kids gone and no access to your grandchildren.

You've taught them all of this time how to treat you. I can't fathom how someone can be so cold.
Do you not know what a stroke actually is?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:15 am My kids want nothing to do with them (as in anyone on their dads side of the family). They are adults now and the choice is up to them. They still want nothing to do with her because of her actions.

The move was about 3ish months after my ex died over the summer so the kids could finish school not immediate. Before the funeral they hadnt even spoken to their grandparents in over a year. I am not sure if you are not remembering the full story or if maybe you missed some of it.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am I think you're absolutely hideous and always have. If you wouldn't have ripped their last connection to their son away from them immediately after his death, none of this amped up behavior would have happened in the first place. You didn't even give these people a chance to grieve.

I don't blame her. Your cold behavior with your restraining orders likely did cause her husband's stroke and subsequent death. You've made it so that she will never see her grandchildren and have them completely turned against her.

What you deserve is for your children to grow up, realize what you've done and deprived them of that they'll never be able to get back, and to leave you in the same state you've left this woman in...alone, with no one, kids gone and no access to your grandchildren.

You've taught them all of this time how to treat you. I can't fathom how someone can be so cold.
And them not wanting anything to do with their grandparents has nothing whatsoever to do with you? They haven't listened to you and your words and your feelings on them? Kids just randomly can't stand their grandparents organically, for no reason, without any outside influence?

I have a hard time understanding how that would just happen unless there was prior abuse or something of that nature.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Actually you can. My dad just went through this. He got incredibly sick and while at the hospital he found out the dr prescribed him triple what he should have taken in a day.
They told him it could ruin his liver but it did no damage in his case.
I do want to point out he was taking the wring amount for years and it didn't do anything.
i want candy!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:18 am

You are going to be the MIL from Hell.
Based on what exactly? Because I can understand and feel compassion for people that are grieving the loss of their child and wanting to stay close to their last earthly connection to him?

Yes, compassion and kindness are terrible flaws in a person. It would be hell to associate with someone who exhibited THOSE traits. I'd best cut all this empathy nonsense out right now!
Locked Previous topicNext topic