Ex MIL actually tried to kill herself and she might not make it through

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:05 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:03 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:55 pm

I am not sure what you mean by that. People overdose on Tylenol all the time.
No. It will cause you to throw up but as far as overdose it doesn't happen.
Prove your point please. Please prove how Tylenol is the only drug ever made that you can't take too much of aka overdose.
While taking 100 Tylenol at once will most certainly make you puke your guts up it won't kill you as an overdose on hydros or Xanax would. It's pretty simple.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:09 am

Prove your point please. Please prove how Tylenol is the only drug ever made that you can't take too much of aka overdose.
While taking 100 Tylenol at once will most certainly make you puke your guts up it won't kill you as an overdose on hydros or Xanax would. It's pretty simple.
The liver damage can be fatal.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Kids do form opinions towards their aunts, uncles, and grandparents. And many times their opinions are shaped by something that mom or dad said. Mom and dad can decide to cut off all ties with specific family members. But know this: When your kids grow up, whether you like it or not, they may seek to rekindle a relationship with those relatives that, during their childhood, they came to despise. Don't be shocked by it. It happens a lot. And whether you did anything wrong or not, your kids may resent you for depriving them of a relationship with that relative.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:40 pm Kids do form opinions towards their aunts, uncles, and grandparents. And many times their opinions are shaped by something that mom or dad said. Mom and dad can decide to cut off all ties with specific family members. But know this: When your kids grow up, whether you like it or not, they may seek to rekindle a relationship with those relatives that, during their childhood, they came to despise. Don't be shocked by it. It happens a lot. And whether you did anything wrong or not, your kids may resent you for depriving them of a relationship with that relative.
true. I told my kids it is up to them once they are out of the house and on their own. I am not worried though. Since I was honest with my kids about what each family member did to me and us and them-I doubt they are going to buy any sob story from those people.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:09 am

An overdose simply means taking too much. Only an idiot thinks that overdose means you have to die from it.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What I told my oldest who was an adult when I cut out his grandmother was you can have whatever relationship you want with her. But I want nothing to do with her and absolutely no info was to be given about his minor sibilings or my husband and I. Of that trust was broken then he would no longer be included in our immediate family. At best we qould jave a restaurtant type of relationship once a year of that
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:40 pm Kids do form opinions towards their aunts, uncles, and grandparents. And many times their opinions are shaped by something that mom or dad said. Mom and dad can decide to cut off all ties with specific family members. But know this: When your kids grow up, whether you like it or not, they may seek to rekindle a relationship with those relatives that, during their childhood, they came to despise. Don't be shocked by it. It happens a lot. And whether you did anything wrong or not, your kids may resent you for depriving them of a relationship with that relative.
My kids want nothing to do with her. I doubt she will be around much longer but if in the future they wanted to (and she was still alive) that would be their choice. They are already adults at this point
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I think that if you want to cut off a family member, as long as you allow your kids access to that family member you have done nothing wrong. (Of course, if that cut off family member could be harmful to your child, I would not put my child in that person's company.) I always wanted my kids to enjoy the big family as I did. I do place a high value on family...but absolutely NOT if that family member could cause physical or emotional harm to my child.

I guess what I'm saying is that the one thing I would positively NOT do is deprive my child of a relationship with family simply because I had a falling out with that family member. (And I'm not saying that's what you did.) I'd allow the family member access to my child and I'd even cart my child to/from that family member's house...even if I despised that family member. Again, I would do NONE of this if there's even a chance that the family member might hurt my child in any way. Even after agreeing to allow access to my child...If I got so much as an inkling that the family member was causing harm (mentally even) to my child, I'd withdraw all permission.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:12 pm
My kids want nothing to do with her. I doubt she will be around much longer but if in the future they wanted to (and she was still alive) that would be their choice. They are already adults at this point
Anonymous 11

Unread post

As I said to other poster, if that family member caused harm to you and there's even the most remote chance that he/she could cause harm to your child, I would certainly not bring my child around that relative. As parents, we are expected to do right by our children and should protect them from all harm. If later in life your kids elect to reach out to those members (and it sounds like in your case they won't), that's entirely up to and on them.
RedBottoms wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:05 pm
true. I told my kids it is up to them once they are out of the house and on their own. I am not worried though. Since I was honest with my kids about what each family member did to me and us and them-I doubt they are going to buy any sob story from those people.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Wanted to also say: I'm sorry for what you went through.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:12 pm
Locked Previous topicNext topic