Would this be weird to you?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You go to a mcdonalds. There are two dining rooms, one is a regular dining room and one has an indoor play place. A person who is there by themselves and who has no kids with them chooses to go sit in the play place room to eat instead of sitting in the regular dining room, where there is plenty of seating. They watch the kids while they eat. Would you find that weird?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No. There are many reasons they could enjoy that more than with the adults.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Honestly I probably wouldn't notice. Most of the McDonald's playgrounds I have seen are outside and some prefer that.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Tell me more. Is this person watching the kids or playing on his phone also? Is he eating McDonalds food? Has he finished his meal? Senior citizen? Drinking coffee? Is this person wearing clothes that fit? Is this individual making eye contact with children or parents? Does he chuckle when something funny or cute happens?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:13 pm Tell me more. Is this person watching the kids or playing on his phone? Is he eating McDonalds food? Has he finished his meal? Senior citizen? Drinking coffee? Is this person wearing clothes that fit? Is this individual making eye contact with children or parents? Does he chuckle when something funny or cute happens?
It's not a he, it's a she. She holds up her phone every once in a while, but for the most part is just watching the play area. She is eating, but very slowly, like 45 minutes to eat a four piece nuggets and small drink. She looks like she's in her 20s. It's cold out, so she has layers on. She isn't laughing, just staring. She's wearing sunglasses so she isn't making eye contact with anyone.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yeah...that's somebody I'd be curious about. I mean, most McDonalds playplaces I've been in have the unappealing aroma that's something of a mix of old socks and old fry oil. So most folks have a reason to be in there. At her age, it's not just run-of-the-mill nostalgia (although some other sort of nostalgia could be going on). Homeless is a possibility...and the playplace can be a few degrees warmer and less drafty than the rest of the restaurant. Or she could just be waiting for somebody coming with kids...saving the good table or what not. Just for fun, I might leave the room to go get napkins or something and see if she behaved any differently when I left.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Locked Previous topicNext topic