Am I the only one

Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

who can't stand military-parent-surprises-kids videos? I mean, surprising adults and making them cry...okay, sure. I wouldn't want it done to me, but whatev. But these poor kids who are still learning to manage emotions/reactions are put in a position to have it all on display like that. And some of these kids are young enough that they genuinely don't understand what's going on. It bugs me.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't see them in the same way.
Maybe stop watching those videos?
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As the wife of a veteran, I'm a sucker for those (and when soldiers surprise their pets). I understand where you're coming from, thougb. I had a camera in my face every time dh would come home, and I was so elated that I completely forgot it was there. A video was played back later on, and my ugly cry face was on full display. Still didn't care, but that's just me.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have only seen ones where kids were old enough to understand the concept. If someone tried surprising a newborn sure that would be silly but all the ones I have seen the kid was at least 3 and up.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Any video I’ve seen showed a kid, spouse, or parent who was over joyed I don’t see the negative in that.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You might be, they make me cry. Every. Single. Time.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:28 am You might be, they make me cry. Every. Single. Time.
Same here. Then again, I'm a big baby and I cry at everything!!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't mind them. I personally wouldn't film it and don't feel the need to film every special moment. Some people want the attention though.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Kids learning to emote from their parents? The horrors!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I think people share too damn much of their lives on social media. MAKE IT STOP!!!! I don't know these people and IDGAF about their 'touching moments'.
Locked Previous topicNext topic