Stop just calling me ...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A white girl! My family comes from Spain, and India. But because thats only on my dads side, and my moms white, people discount the other parts of my heritage that I'm so proud of! Im blonde- kinda, and have white skin so when I mention where my dad came from, people roll their eyes at me like "just another white girl trying to be something shes not." I feel like they are putting me in a plain white box and not comfortable when i speak Spanish. I'm also proud of being white, because its part of me and im not ashamed at all. But I dont like feeling like I have to choose a side.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah. It pisses me off when I have to choose either Caucasian or African American when electronically filling out something for DD

You would think by now every questionnaire would include an option of biracial or check all that apply, but...nope.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You are a white (Caucasian) girl.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:05 am You are a white (Caucasian) girl.
You rebel.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:26 am Yeah. It pisses me off when I have to choose either Caucasian or African American when electronically filling out something for DD

You would think by now every questionnaire would include an option of biracial or check all that apply, but...nope.
I had a coworker who was Caucasian but Africa born. I know why they have race questions but they're annoying.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:05 am You are a white (Caucasian) girl.
Caucasian doesn’t mean white. Skin tones range from white to dark brown for caucasians. Parts of Africa are considered Caucasian. It has to do with cranial morphology and has nothing to do with skin tone.

So she’s not just another white girl she’s a multiracial and should be allowed to express pride of her heritage without eye rolls and condescending remarks.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My youngest ds looks more biracial than my older kids so it will be challenging for him because kids have a hard time fitting in as it is. His siblings on his dad's side identify as white and whenever I ask SO about his heritage he just says he is white and when I ask him what will he tell people our ds is and he said white 😑 Our ds does not look fully white so I tell him good luck with that. Biracial needs to be represented more IMO.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:26 am Yeah. It pisses me off when I have to choose either Caucasian or African American when electronically filling out something for DD

How do you pick? Do you just mark other?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:13 am

My older kids will often mark other.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:27 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:13 am

My older kids will often mark other.
I mark other as well
Locked Previous topicNext topic