I do not ever want a used car

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Okay. I've always bought used because usually you get a better deal. As long as it's a reputable dealership like Ford or Carmax and not some corner lot. But whatever.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I don't really like buying used cars either. I might if I knew the previous owner and knew they got the oil changes on time and all that. But I don't trust buying random used cars. Every random used car I had was NOTHING but trouble.

I believe in buying brand new and then driving it to the ground yourself. I bought a 2004 Saturn Ion off the lot and we still have it. I will drive it till its permanently dead. I bought a brand new 2016 Honda Odysessy and I will drive it till its dead. I am hoping to get 200,000 miles at least out of it.

Because we do oil changes on time and get our service maintenance on time and I know the cars are well taken care of. No guarantee with that when buying used.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:06 pm Okay. I've always bought used because usually you get a better deal. As long as it's a reputable dealership like Ford or Carmax and not some corner lot. But whatever.
My friend bought a used van from Carmax and its been having several issues. It was not even old. Only had like 32,000 miles on it
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you go to a reputable dealer you shouldn't have an issue. Idk if it's a national chain but we always go to Yark and never had any issues with used cars.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I have never bought a used car. I also have never taken out a loan. I only pay cash for my cars and they are always new.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:22 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:06 pm Okay. I've always bought used because usually you get a better deal. As long as it's a reputable dealership like Ford or Carmax and not some corner lot. But whatever.
My friend bought a used van from Carmax and its been having several issues. It was not even old. Only had like 32,000 miles on it
Okay. I didn't have a problem with Carmax. But usually I buy a Toyota from a dealer or a Ford from Ford. I've only used Carmax once. I will say I had issues with this focus but Ford was good about fixing it.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've had very good experiences buying cars 1 year old or less, that the dealer used for themselves or as a loaner. Lease trade-ins can also be good deals. I've bough cars with less than 6,000 miles, perfect condition, and still under warranty. Practically new but thousands less than sticker.

I've also bought new, when that was the specific model I wanted. We never finance either - I plan for the purchase and buy the car I can afford.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 pm I’m very spoiled with my new car.
Glad you're enjoying it! It is fun to have a new one. Did it once just for the thrill then I went to 1 year old cars since.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 pm I’m very spoiled with my new car.
And I never want a new car, waste of money. I will always buy a car that is a few years old.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've had really good luck with the last 2 used vehicles we have. No dealers and i saved a fortune with no car payments. I'm good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic