She was fired because she misunderstood 1315

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:21 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:02 pm In nearly 40 years of working Idk any company in America other than the armed forces that uses army time. And even my teen knows what that is. It's mentioned in clocks and on smartphone settings. But sure whatever you say.
Hospitals use military time
Okay. I have only worked briefly in one hospital a million years ago seems like. I am not sure now what they used but I recall it being AM and PM. But this was the 80s.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:11 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:02 pm In nearly 40 years of working Idk any company in America other than the armed forces that uses army time. And even my teen knows what that is. It's mentioned in clocks and on smartphone settings. But sure whatever you say.
Sorry but this actually made me laugh out loud. You must live a sheltered life
How is she sheltered if she does know military time and her teenage child knows military time?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When I worked for the Red Cross they used the 24H Clock when scheduling clients.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

she wasn't fired because she misunderstood the time, she was fired because she did not show up for training.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

lol at military time. It's the 24 hour clock and it's used all over the world and by many us companies.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me...has no one ever heard that? Move idea:

Dear Whomever sent the email:

I wish to confirm the time of my training. As I see it’s 1315 hours would that be at 1:15 or is that a typo and should read 3:15? I want to make sure I am on time.

Sincerely,

The unemployed person

Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:22 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:19 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Idk if I have or not. I just never worked anywhere that used army time. And I've worked since I was 17. I didn't say they didn't exist. I also don't know how in the digital age someone doesn't know what military time is. I certainly would have asked someone to clarify the time especially if it's mandatory and I didn't understand.
I work in healthcare. Every single place I have worked across 18 different states (I was a travel nurse for awhile) used military time. My husband is a co-owner of a factory and they use military time along with many other factories.

My sister knows what military time was she just thought it was a typo instead.
Idk but if I saw 1315 hours I'd assume they must mean 1:15pm. At least I would have asked if that was a typo.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm still flabbergasted that you won't let your sister stay with you because she made a silly mistake.
Canadiana
Countess
Countess

Unread post

jas wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:03 pm lol at military time. It's the 24 hour clock and it's used all over the world and by many us companies.
This. It's weird that people refer to it as military time. It's the 24 hour clock which is standard in almost the entire world, save for north america and a few other countries.
CMrefugee
Donated
Donated
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If she thought it was a typo, why did she not call and confirm? That's what most people do if they're unsure or confused about something. Too bad it didn't occur to her to do so.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:22 pm I'm still flabbergasted that you won't let your sister stay with you because she made a silly mistake.
It's not because of the "silly" mistake it's because she has a long history of being unemployed. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to support a grown ass loser. I wouldn't do that either
Locked Previous topicNext topic