S/O Do you let your kids eat all they want?

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Or do you serve them a reasonable amount of food and expect them to not take more than their share? If you have 5 people in your family and make 10 hamburgers and one person eats four wouldn't you be annoyed?
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.

Unread post

I let my children eat all the fruits and vegetables they want. If I’m making burgers for my family I would make one per person. There would be plenty of stuff to go with the burgers, and I wouldn’t limit those unless they weren’t particularly healthy (for example, I’d limit fries, but not salad).
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:49 pm I let my children eat all the fruits and vegetables they want. If I’m making burgers for my family I would make one per person. There would be plenty of stuff to go with the burgers, and I wouldn’t limit those unless they weren’t particularly healthy (for example, I’d limit fries, but not salad).
We do the same. Although we make extra burgers because we like them for leftovers.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I always try to make more than enough food for everyone, but if they want more than their share, I expect them to wait before everyone else is done and if there’s left, cool. They can have it. If not, then I’d be more than happy to offer something else if they’re still hungry.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I serve my kids a reasonable amount, and if they want more, they have to ask. As long as everyone has been served and had a fair share, it's not a problem.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t feed my kids.

😆
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I make way too much most nights and after everyone gets a plate whatever is left is kind of a free for all. There are only 3 of us though. Ds is 17 and is kind of a food vacuum but he's usually pretty considerate about it.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommy_jules wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:54 pm I serve my kids a reasonable amount, and if they want more, they have to ask. As long as everyone has been served and had a fair share, it's not a problem.
I do this too

Unread post

My kids don’t tend to eat a lot unless they’re going through a growth spurt. As long as everyone else has been served, they are allowed to eat more, but it’s extremely rare for them to do so.

If I had a kid that had a tendency to overeat, I’d probably do things differently.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:58 pm I don’t feed my kids.

😆
Best comment ever!
Locked Previous topicNext topic