How does banning ice reduce lines and congestion at Disneyland?

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dis ... 47221.html

Disney parks are cracking down on ice. The ice ban will "improve guest flow, ease congestion and streamline the bag-check and entry processes," the guidelines state. Reusable ice packs are allowed and "cups of ice are available at no charge"
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I guess Disney was having to go through the ice to make sure no contraband was hidden under the ice? We never bought any of that with us when we went to Disney World. I wouldn't go back to Disney because I thought $50 per park per ticket was expensive back 15 years ago. I'm not paying $100 park per ticket. No amount of Disney Magic is worth that price.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They banned smoking in all parks/resorts today too.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
RedBottoms

Unread post

Also banned wagon strollers and wagons and strollers over a certain size
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think it's because they have to dig through the ice to check for contraband and that slows down the entry line.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That was my thought too. They check all your carry ons, I’m guessing when you have ice on top of it it makes it time consuming to dig through it.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:48 pm I guess Disney was having to go through the ice to make sure no contraband was hidden under the ice? We never bought any of that with us when we went to Disney World. I wouldn't go back to Disney because I thought $50 per park per ticket was expensive back 15 years ago. I'm not paying $100 park per ticket. No amount of Disney Magic is worth that price.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In Dismey World they look through every zipped compartment of a bag. This my thought is you could just as easily hid something under ice. By banning ice in favor of see through packs bag check in theory will go faster.

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:44 pm https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dis ... 47221.html

Disney parks are cracking down on ice. The ice ban will "improve guest flow, ease congestion and streamline the bag-check and entry processes," the guidelines state. Reusable ice packs are allowed and "cups of ice are available at no charge"
Anonymous 1

Unread post

All disney cares about is increasing the amount in their pockets.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:04 pm All disney cares about is increasing the amount in their pockets.
Of course they do. They are a bisiness
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:04 pm All disney cares about is increasing the amount in their pockets.
Very true. They are a business after all.
Locked Previous topicNext topic