What would you do if this happened to your child?

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:23 pm
Smarties wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:59 am

I was just thinking the same thing, unless there was an ongoing problem but then wouldn’t you make sure you were seeing a dr familiar with your issues not some random stand in?
My 20 year old goes for birth control yearly (to control her periods) and they do a breast exam but nothing below the belt because she’s not sexually active. They told her 21 or sexually actively is standard and then every 3 years for a pap unless there are abnormalities. Before 18 any issues were handled by her pediatrician.

Precisely my thoughts. Unless the girl had some unusual issues, she wouldnt be having an examination like this by a gynecologist. And if she did have some kind of problems, she would likely need to see the doctor that was familiar with her.

What you're saying about ages is what I've heard as well.
Also every male gynecologist I’ve ever been to has always had a female nurse in the room during the physical part of the exam. Even if you checked no on the form asking if you want a nurse in the room. I know not every single one does this but it seems more common than not.
She said in Spain it's not common to have a nurse in the room at all during exams. It's just not done.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What 15 year old needs multiple gynecologist visits requiring genital exams. This is very weird.

And talk about a holy over-reaction. I would have said, what an ass, and went on about our day. I hope that by age 15, my children have enough confidence and esteem to not being psychologically damaged by an asshole.
Locked Previous topicNext topic