How big is your 12 year old?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My daughter will be 13 in July, I recently took her to the doctor and was shocked to learn she had gained 4 inches since August. She is now 5’6” and 85 pounds. I don’t know what to do to put weight on the kid but finding pants that fit her right is getting harder and harder, she can currently wear the smallest size jeggings from forever 21 but they are about an inch too short, the next size up doesn’t fit in the waist 😒 Luckliy she’s a fan of suspenders.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ummm. My kids are short. My 13 year old is 4'10" and 95 lbs of muscle thanks to 9 years of karate. She wears juniors and ends up rolling up the hem a little bit since things are not made for short folks. LOL
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
RedBottoms

Unread post

My boys that are about to be 12 are both over 5 feet now. Not sure of their weights. We have a hard time finding clothes for DS1 because he is tall and super thin with long legs. So every pant is either too short on his legs or too big around his waist
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My girls are about 4',6" and 83 lbs for my 11 year old and 5',4" and 110 for my 13 year old. Both just finished a growing spurt this past winter and I think my oldest is about to have another one. She has four more inches to catch up to me which she will likely pass.
MomInNE
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My son is 4'9" and just hit 80lbs finally.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She is very thin, but that's great, she can enjoy being thin hopefully for decades. It's a good problem to have, lol.

My DS 11 1/2 year of age, is the nearly the same height but weighs 113 pounds, but he's hit puberty -- so we encouraging him to lift weights and eats lots of protein, and as long as he is doing that we do not really care about his weight. My DH had a body type that was always, "heavier" than it was supposed to be but actually had very low proportion of body fat when he in his teens and 20's.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My son is almost 10 and he's 85lbs and 4ft 7.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ya...my 18 year old is 5'4" and 100 lbs. She's considered underweight. A 5'6" 85 lb 12 year old should be concerning to a doctor. Did they run a thyroid panel or any blood work?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Not sure of her weight, but my youngest turns 12 in May and is the same height as me (5'4"). She's had a massive growth spurt over the last few months.

My other daughter is 13 and I'd guess she's about an inch taller than her sister, so 5'5", and around 120 lbs.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

My 13 year old is just under 5 feet. But I swear he's hit a growth's spurt and is literally growing right before my eyes.
I can see the change in height from a month ago.
But hes also full fledged in puberty now and its expected.
Locked Previous topicNext topic