It doesn't bother me would it bother you?

caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Some things I agree, I prefer to just do myself. I dont let DH do laundry, because he can't be trusted. But he has to help with other things.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not now, but for many years, I had a lot of resentment about it.

I do a lot more than DH when it comes to child care and household chores. I had 2 choices 1) to find peace that our responsibilities would never be 50/50. 2) to find peace in divorcing or breaking up our family over my sense of injustice over housework & childcare.

I chose the former.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes it would. I work full time, plus running the kids to all their activities, I expect dh to help out. For that matter I expect my kids to help out too.

We’re all busy but we all live here, we all need to eat, we all make messes. There’s no reason I should be the only one taking care of these things.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t work but I am a full time student and part of that includes all of these crazy observation hours. We both do things around the house.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes it was a big problem in my marriage. I'm not into working full time and doing all the cleaning/ cooking. I could be single and do that.
Kikibix
Countess
Countess

Unread post

There is no rule for anything. I used to be a sahm and by default did more but my dh participated too. I now am back to work and if I’m honest I’ll admit he does a lot more than me around the house. I still do most planning and all financial. We do what we do best.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope, I feel the same as you do.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As long as a couple is happy in the division of labor, that's all that matters.

My DH does all of the grocery shopping, and I do most of the cleaning. I do all the grilling, he makes all the salads. We play to our strengths. It works for us.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I prefer doing all the cleaning in the house. He could do his share but I would just do it all over again
It saves time if I just do it my way the first time
RedBottoms

Unread post

each couple gets to decide what works for them. So if you like to do it all-that is your choice. For DH and I -we made the agreement before marriage that if I stayed home-I would do all the indoor chores and bill paying and majority of the errands. He was in charge of yard work. If I had to work part time- I would still do most to all of the chores. If I had to work full time or over time-he is taking half of the chores.

He agreed to that. But in practice when I was working over time -he did not do anything around the house. So I quit my job because he did not hold up his end of the deal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic