let’s say you are on the board to decide if a federal prisoner deserves compassionate release

viv74
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:58 pm what on earth does his daughter's need for childcare, or having a difficult pregnancy, have to do with whether or not he should be released from prison?!

that was rhetorical. the answer is, not a goddamn thing. his place is in prison.
Exactly. I’m sure he isn’t the only prisoner with problems in their family . He needs to finish his sentence. Just because he committed a white collar crime doesn’t mean he deserves special treatment
JD80
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

An early release should be based on the prisoner's own merits...their behavior in prison, their feelings about the crimes they committed, self improvement, stuff like that. Not just because his daughter needs occasional childcare. Its a light sentence. I think he got off easy.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

First thing I would want to look at, is his behavior while locked up. Did he get any write ups, disciplinary actions against him? Did he follow all his required programs? While the reasons for early release aren't urgent or noteworthy, I may vote to release the guy, just off his behavior and conduct while locked up.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

nope
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am going to go with not a snowballs chance in hell! His sentence is almost over anyway. Now if he was terminally ill, and with a short amount of time to live, then maybe? His daughter having pregnancy complications, and needing a babysitter doesn't merit the need for compassionate release.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Stay and finish his sentence.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No. Drs like that are ruining things for legitimate pain patients. Not to mention running Medicare towards broke a hell of a lot faster. Its one more yr. He can sit there.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The daughter's reasons are totally lame.

But I'm not sure this should have been a prison crime in the first place. Lost his ability to ever practice medicine again, pay back what he stole plus more. But prison? Is he really a danger to society that he needs to be locked away?
RedBottoms

Unread post

No I would not let him out early. I hate scaming greedy doctors. The pill mill stuff I don't care as much about. But I hate doctors that try to scam customers and the tax payers out of every penny. He should have thought about his grandchildren before doing this.

His DD needs to hire some childcare and move on
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If his wife or one of his daughters were sick and possibly dying I'd be inclined to release him on house arrest for his wife or children not for him. But in this case his daughter needs to get herself reliable childcare. Only if it could be proven that having him released to care for his daughter and his grandson would greatly increase the unborn baby's chance of survival would I agree to release him early.
Locked Previous topicNext topic