Do you think this is fair or unfair?

anon

Unread post

This has been debated in the tennis world so I'm wondering what fellow moms would think. Serena Williams had her daughter in September and after complications returned back to tennis. When she came back she was ranked 400 something but did not come back to anywhere she left. She played her first grand-slam last month and not what they call seeded so she had a chance of playing the high ranked players sooner then she would have and. For the grand-slam coming up they seeded her at 25 and they said they are looking at changing policies because a woman shouldn't be punished for wanting to start a family. Some players and coaches agree with this while others do not. Right now she is only guaranteed an entrance to events for a certain amount of time. So what do you think?
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I personally think everyone should have the same rules and qualifications.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't think there should be special privileges for someone choosing to have a baby.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't know anything about tennis but I don't think she should be given special treatment. To me it's the same thing as a woman missing out on a promotion because she was on maternity leave. Rules are rules and sometimes in life you have to make a choice about what's more important to you. Would they do the same thing for a man who had to take time off for whatever reason?
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If her game isn’t up to par, or she isn’t in good shape, I don’t think the reason should matter. If she laid up eating bon bons for 9 months, it wouldn’t even be a question.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:51 am If her game isn’t up to par, or she isn’t in good shape, I don’t think the reason should matter. If she laid up eating bon bons for 9 months, it wouldn’t even be a question.
Exactly. It's no different than any other job. If you can't perform the job duties to meet the standards, tough shit for you.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No special exemptions should be made for her, do you think there should be?
Reedusstalker

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:36 am I personally think everyone should have the same rules and qualifications.
This
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:40 am I don't know anything about tennis but I don't think she should be given special treatment. To me it's the same thing as a woman missing out on a promotion because she was on maternity leave. Rules are rules and sometimes in life you have to make a choice about what's more important to you. Would they do the same thing for a man who had to take time off for whatever reason?
This exactly. They wouldn't do anything different for someone returning from being treated for cancer. They certainly shouldn't do that when you do something elective that sets you back.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
anon

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:10 pm No special exemptions should be made for her, do you think there should be?
No but I do think that rules should be the same for everyone. They are also drug tested regularly according to the number they are so number 1 will get drug tested more then number 458 well suppose to. When Serena was 490 they drug tested her 3 times as much as the number one. I do think they should make the rules and stick with them but I do realize that life isn't fair.
Locked Previous topicNext topic