High school reunions

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:11 pm Same. I never went to any of the reunions. Those weirdos have one every 5 years
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:26 pm I graduated in '79 and I've never gone to a reunion. We had a graduating class of around 3 or 4 hundred. There were only a handful of kids I knew from classes we took together. I graduated and never looked back. I had no desire to attend any kind of reunion.
I don't get it. High school is just 4 years. Why go back for any reunion? If I had anyone important in my life from school, I would have made an effort to keep in touch with them.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Me either, I graduated and was done, gone and BYE Bitches, lol
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:13 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:11 pm Same. I never went to any of the reunions. Those weirdos have one every 5 years
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:26 pm I graduated in '79 and I've never gone to a reunion. We had a graduating class of around 3 or 4 hundred. There were only a handful of kids I knew from classes we took together. I graduated and never looked back. I had no desire to attend any kind of reunion.
I don't get it. High school is just 4 years. Why go back for any reunion? If I had anyone important in my life from school, I would have made an effort to keep in touch with them.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I graduated in 2005 they had a 10 year reunion and big thing was made of it but only the popular kids who set it up went. I lived 4 hours away and could have gone but knew my friends in school weren't going. They also had a family day at the beach the next day but none of the popular people who went the first day had kids so they passed and I wasn't traveling 4 hours for that only 2 families showed up. A big thing and a committee will probably be set up for our 20th and I probably won't go to that either. I have all my friends on Facebook anyway.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:57 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:45 pm You're adults, you don't need the person who you voted for when you were a teenager to organize it in order to plan a reunion. Someone else could take it over.
I still think its his or her job to if they can't do it-appoint someone else who wants to take it over. If they don't want that responsibility-don't run for Class President
Nobody knows when they are 17-18 if they are going to want to plan reunions 25 years in the future.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:22 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:45 pm You're adults, you don't need the person who you voted for when you were a teenager to organize it in order to plan a reunion. Someone else could take it over.
I still think its his or her job to if they can't do it-appoint someone else who wants to take it over. If they don't want that responsibility-don't run for Class President
Nobody knows when they are 17-18 if they are going to want to plan reunions 25 years in the future.
Then don't apply? They need to elect the most organized person, not the most popular
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe you didn't know BUT I knew I would never attend a class reunion. Four years was more than enough for me being around those kids/people
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:56 pm I graduated in 2003. For our 5 year reunion a handful of only the popular girls met at a resterant. No one else was invited. Just 5 of the most popular girls

10 year reunion absolutely nothing.
That's not a reunion, that's just 5 women trying to re-live their glory days.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:13 pm
I think it's interesting to see what people are up to that you used to be friends with or classmates. There are some people that I don't want to keep in touch with but would love to talk to at an event like this. I had fun at my five year reunion, especially the after party.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I graduated in 1982. Class size 410. There have been more formal 5, 10, 15 and 20 year reunions - dinner at a hotel or banquet hall. The most recent one, 35th, was just a BBQ at someone’s house with only about 30 attending.

I have never been to a single one as I moved out of state after I graduated from college a few years later. Have zero desire to see these people again. The ones I am in touch with via Facebook are either in a different class or live in another state.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Then don't apply? They need to elect the most organized person, not the most popular
I don’t think it’s fair to hold someone accountable for life for something they agreed to do at 16/17/18. You can’t really expect the class that voted for them to be thinking that far ahead either.

IDK what happened to our class president. I hope he’s ok and just off the grid or whatever, but I don’t blame him for putting his life first. It wasn’t a big deal to have a reunion without him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic