High school reunions

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

1990 and don't go to reunions.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Graduated 2008, we had a 10 year. Almost no one went. I think social media really changed my generations desire to.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I graduated in 2003. For our 5 year reunion a handful of only the popular girls met at a resterant. No one else was invited. Just 5 of the most popular girls

10 year reunion absolutely nothing.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:45 pm You're adults, you don't need the person who you voted for when you were a teenager to organize it in order to plan a reunion. Someone else could take it over.
I still think its his or her job to if they can't do it-appoint someone else who wants to take it over. If they don't want that responsibility-don't run for Class President
RedBottoms

Unread post

You guys with the theory about social media replacing reunions might be on to something.The people I really like I follow on facebook so I kinda keep up with them. Or we still hang out in real life. The others I don't bother with and probably would not want to see anyway.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I graduated from an affluent high school in 94’. I was able to go there due to the district including 3 blue collar towns (read the affluent drove Porche to school). As a result I didn’t fit into any group that would attend a class reunion though they have had them.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Same. I never went to any of the reunions. Those weirdos have one every 5 years
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:26 pm I graduated in '79 and I've never gone to a reunion. We had a graduating class of around 3 or 4 hundred. There were only a handful of kids I knew from classes we took together. I graduated and never looked back. I had no desire to attend any kind of reunion.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:59 pm You guys with the theory about social media replacing reunions might be on to something.The people I really like I follow on facebook so I kinda keep up with them. Or we still hang out in real life. The others I don't bother with and probably would not want to see anyway.
Same here. Whenever my 20th reunion was being planned, it was all done on Facebook and as far as I know the class president and her minions didn't even bother trying to track down the people from our class who aren't on Facebook. From the pictures I saw, it looked lame. Out of the 150 people in our graduating class, only about 20 people showed up to the reunion. I heard the 10th reunion was lame too. I guess that explains why no one mentioned a 25th reunion last year. Not worth it if no one is going to come.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I graduated in 93'. They had a 5, 10, 20, and 25th. I have not gone to any of them. Dh went to the 5th reunion, but I couldn't get off work. We did not go to our 25th last year much to my old friends' dismay..it was on our daughter's 10th birthday. They wanted us to celebrate at another time and come anyway. I told them I was not leaving my daughter on her actual birthday so I could see people I see on FB daily.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I graduated in 1989. We had one - I didn't go. I hated those people then, I didn't see a reason to change when the reunion came around.
Locked Previous topicNext topic