Leno Exposes Late Night’s 'Serious' Problem

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ve never seen such a nasty reaction to something so simple, honest, and sincere. Jay Leno appeared on the "Today Show" last week to discuss the importance of monitoring cholesterol.

During the interview, Al Roker pivoted to ask if he missed hosting the “Tonight Show.” Leno’s answer detailed the reasons it’s no longer a forum he recognizes or misses.

“Now everyone HAS to know your politics…When people see you as one-sided, it just makes it tough,” Leno said.

“And look, I did it when Clinton was horny and Bush was dumb. It was just a little easier. You know, now it’s very serious. I’d just like a bit of civility to come back.”

https://townhall.com/columnists/chrisst ... p=22151825
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He's correct. These people now are not funny and have taken late night where it never needed to be.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There is no class to the shows today just hosts bashing and insulting.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Don't like it? Don't watch
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think late night is just responding to the climate. Honestly, Trump and politics has absorbed so much of our headspace lately; much of what I see them do is reacting to him. Maybe they could be less political, but IMO (and full disclosure, I rarely if ever watch them) they are simply responding to the day's news, and the news is politics.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:59 pm I think late night is just responding to the climate. Honestly, Trump and politics has absorbed so much of our headspace lately; much of what I see them do is reacting to him. Maybe they could be less political, but IMO (and full disclosure, I rarely if ever watch them) they are simply responding to the day's news, and the news is politics.

Hey!

Welcome!
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Locked Previous topicNext topic