Something I dont understand

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I never bought that “3 months rule” because of the vaccination thing. My pediatrician wasn’t too strict about it. I didn’t go out much the first month or so, I was also recovering myself, but I never waited 3 months and I certainly didn’t care if people held my baby. Everyone in my close family held my child at least once the first month.
sheramom4 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:06 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:01 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 pm
What is wrong with you?
That’s the nastiest reply to another person I’ve ever seen! It’s unacceptable!
Or are you joking ?
Omg I hope you’re joking!😳
No I'm not joking. We wouldn't want or use any of those services. We don't accept visitors in our homes until babies are at least 3 months old and fully vaccinated. We don't eat other people's food due to severe and deadly food allergies and their are very few people who are allowed to babysit.
Don't you claim to be a nurse? Babies aren't fully vaccinated at three months...they can't even have the MMR until they are a year and even then they are only partially vaccinated. Plus the whole "keep the baby inside with no visitors" plan has been out of fashion for many many years.
I have doubted you were a nurse many times but this confirmed it. That and your obvious lack of care for anyone but yourself.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:16 pm I never bought that “3 months rule” because of the vaccination thing. My pediatrician wasn’t too strict about it. I didn’t go out much the first month or so, I was also recovering myself, but I never waited 3 months and I certainly didn’t care if people held my baby. Everyone in my close family held my child at least once the first month.
sheramom4 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:06 pm

No I'm not joking. We wouldn't want or use any of those services. We don't accept visitors in our homes until babies are at least 3 months old and fully vaccinated. We don't eat other people's food due to severe and deadly food allergies and their are very few people who are allowed to babysit.
Don't you claim to be a nurse? Babies aren't fully vaccinated at three months...they can't even have the MMR until they are a year and even then they are only partially vaccinated. Plus the whole "keep the baby inside with no visitors" plan has been out of fashion for many many years.
I have doubted you were a nurse many times but this confirmed it. That and your obvious lack of care for anyone but yourself.
My kids were out within days of their births at least a little bit. And we had visitors at the hospital and at home. The younger kids were going to be around the germy, school attending older kids anyway lol. My kids are adults and teens now so obviously everything was fine. I am just shocked that OP considers three months fully vaccinated! Fully vaccinated doesn't even happen until kids are 12 or so lol!
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:37 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:15 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Andrea Yates was mentally ill.
She needed to be hospitalized.
A bunch of friends and relatives helping her would still not work- she was still in need of hospitalization,maybe for months or years.
She was mentally ill. But if her mother or husband or a neighbor or a friend were there with her that day-the kids would still be alive. Sorry-blame does not go just on her. She ASKED for help. Her husband and her mother have blood on their hands when they ignored her.
You really do think your opinion is the end all be all.
when its right-its right
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 am

If you were to.show up.at my door with food I would slam the door in your face,throw your your food out and in no way in he'll would you be taking ANY of my children anywhere.
What is wrong with you?
Or are you joking ?
In a way I can understand wanting to protect your baby . But by the way you responded it seemed like you despised her!
You could have replied and explained why you would do that. You could have said “ nothing personal, but I wouldn’t accept your food...” etc.
see what I mean?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I was upset when my dad planned a cruise the date of my daughter’s first birthday. He wasn’t there for it. I was more upset because I knew it was his wife’s idea though. Luckily now a days, dad takes DD and us to a birthday dinner. The wife isn’t present at it. :)
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm That doesn’t mean you have to be rude and nasty to a person trying to do something nice for you... and you called ME entitled?

What is wrong with you?
Or are you joking ?
Elyce was always ugly and nasty on CM
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Eventually Bridezillas become Pregzillas. The world still revolves around them.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't get being upset by that. I would be relieved that they wouldn't be up my butt. My inlaws booked a cruise during my due date for the whole family. Yes, they knew the date. MIL figured I would lose the pregnancy. Then she got mad that I made her look bad by saying she knew what my due date was when asked about it. They all got upset that I didn't get induced early. They wanted to meet the baby before they left.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It depends. If the in-laws had promised to help after the baby came, and then said 'oh sorry, we're going on vacation' that would be pretty shitty of the in-laws. Context is important, all conversations that happened the previous 9 months are important and could swing either way who the shitty person(s) is.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:27 pm The only way I might be upset about them going away would be if MIL had promised to help me with the baby and I had been depending on that help. But that would never happen in my case because I wouldn't be asking for help. I loved being left alone in the days immediately following the births of my kids.
I've never understood needing help with a baby.
Everyone is different. I needed all the help I could get. A big part of that was because my recovery from major abdominal surgery was horrible. Those first two weeks or so I was focused on feeding baby, sleeping, and just getting up and down from the couch/bed, because even that much movement was an ordeal. And when there's just the baby, maybe it's not such a big deal to be alone, but when I also had a 2 year old toddler to care for as well there was no way I was in any condition to be alone those first few weeks with the two of them. I depended on help everywhere i could get it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic