Something I dont understand

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not sure if her objection is to any lack of help. I think it’s unfair to jump to conclusion as to her motives to be pissed. Maybe she’s hurt that their in-laws seem so callous about her baby and are leaving 2 weeks afterwards when any loving grandparent would be over the moon and not wanting to be away during that time.
In a way, I can understand that. As I said in my first reply, I cannot even imagine my parents or in laws having cared so little about my children than they would just go on vacay instead of wanting to share that time with us. I wouldn’t throw a fit over it, but I do confess I would be hurt and I would question how loving and caring they will be to my children.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:07 am 100% agree here!

On the flip side you have DILs who complain when their in-laws want to be involved—so they are damned if they do and damned if they don’t!

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm Another discussion on Reddit...A woman is upset because her in laws are going on vacation 2 weeks after her due date....

Why in the hell should her due date have anything to do with someone elses vacation plans? It doesnt mean anything. It doesnt mean you arwnt important to them or they dont care about you. It means they went on vacation.

I dont understand the entitlement of people today.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:52 am

maybe this is why people like me. I always bring a meal to a new mother. I don't care if its just one easy baby. I also offer to take her older kids out to the park or something to entertain them for her for several hours. I also offer to run to the store for her if she needs anything.

If you were to.show up.at my door with food I would slam the door in your face,throw your your food out and in no way in he'll would you be taking ANY of my children anywhere.
What is wrong with you?
That’s the nastiest reply to another person I’ve ever seen! It’s unacceptable!
Or are you joking ?
Omg I hope you’re joking!😳
No I'm not joking. We wouldn't want or use any of those services. We don't accept visitors in our homes until babies are at least 3 months old and fully vaccinated. We don't eat other people's food due to severe and deadly food allergies and their are very few people who are allowed to babysit.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:02 pm I’m not sure if her objection is to any lack of help. I think it’s unfair to jump to conclusion as to her motives to be pissed. Maybe she’s hurt that their in-laws seem so callous about her baby and are leaving 2 weeks afterwards when any loving grandparent would be over the moon and not wanting to be away during that time.
In a way, I can understand that. As I said in my first reply, I cannot even imagine my parents or in laws having cared so little about my children than they would just go on vacay instead of wanting to share that time with us. I wouldn’t throw a fit over it, but I do confess I would be hurt and I would question how loving and caring they will be to my children.

On the flip side you have DILs who complain when their in-laws want to be involved—so they are damned if they do and damned if they don’t!

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm Another discussion on Reddit...A woman is upset because her in laws are going on vacation 2 weeks after her due date....

Why in the hell should her due date have anything to do with someone elses vacation plans? It doesnt mean anything. It doesnt mean you arwnt important to them or they dont care about you. It means they went on vacation.

I dont understand the entitlement of people today.
What the hell.....You would question how loving grandparents would be because of a vacation......That's the exact entitlement I'm talking about...Millions of grandparents live long distance from their grandchildren and are still loving and vary involved. Grandparents should not be expected to put their lives on hold for their kids and grandchildren. They still have lives to live also
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s not entitlement. I never said I would throw a fit or that I would get angry at them. I said I would be hurt. How is that entitlement? I’ve seen how my parents and in laws were when my kids were born and it was wonderful. They were over the moon over it, they would have said “no” to an all expense paid vacation if that meant leaving just 2 weeks after they were born. And it was wonderful not because I’m an entitled brat, but because they showed me with their presence that they were as excited as we were, that this is event was also a huge thing in their lives.
And there’s a difference between living miles away and being right there and leaving. It is sad that many grandparents CAN’T be there when their grandchildren are born. I’m sure that those who CAN’T, wish to be there and are saddened by the fact. It’s a completely different thing. I certainly wouldn’t expect my parents to come to me if they can’t do it. I know they would in a jiffy if they can, though. They wouldn’t miss it for anything short of an actual impossibility.
And for that matter, I also wouldn’t expect them to stay around if the vacation is more important than the birth of their grandchild. We all have our priorities. I said I would be hurt and yes, I would wonder if they’re excited about it and if they want to be involved and caring grandparents when they’re showing that lack of excitement over something that- according to my mother- is the huge dessert of life. I don’t see how that makes me “entitled”. Actions speak louder than words and when someone acts in such a blasé way towards something I was hoping would be exciting for them, then I do have to question if they really care that much about it.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:02 pm I’m not sure if her objection is to any lack of help. I think it’s unfair to jump to conclusion as to her motives to be pissed. Maybe she’s hurt that their in-laws seem so callous about her baby and are leaving 2 weeks afterwards when any loving grandparent would be over the moon and not wanting to be away during that time.

What the hell.....You would question how loving grandparents would be because of a vacation......That's the exact entitlement I'm talking about...Millions of grandparents live long distance from their grandchildren and are still loving and vary involved. Grandparents should not be expected to put their lives on hold for their kids and grandchildren. They still have lives to live also
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That doesn’t mean you have to be rude and nasty to a person trying to do something nice for you... and you called ME entitled?
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:01 pm
If you were to.show up.at my door with food I would slam the door in your face,throw your your food out and in no way in he'll would you be taking ANY of my children anywhere.
What is wrong with you?
Or are you joking ?
No I'm not joking. We wouldn't want or use any of those services. We don't accept visitors in our homes until babies are at least 3 months old and fully vaccinated. We don't eat other people's food due to severe and deadly food allergies and their are very few people who are allowed to babysit.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:20 pm It’s not entitlement. I never said I would throw a fit or that I would get angry at them. I said I would be hurt. How is that entitlement? I’ve seen how my parents and in laws were when my kids were born and it was wonderful. They were over the moon over it, they would have said “no” to an all expense paid vacation if that meant leaving just 2 weeks after they were born. And it was wonderful not because I’m an entitled brat, but because they showed me with their presence that they were as excited as we were, that this is event was also a huge thing in their lives.
And there’s a difference between living miles away and being right there and leaving. It is sad that many grandparents CAN’T be there when their grandchildren are born. I’m sure that those who CAN’T, wish to be there and are saddened by the fact. It’s a completely different thing. I certainly wouldn’t expect my parents to come to me if they can’t do it. I know they would in a jiffy if they can, though. They wouldn’t miss it for anything short of an actual impossibility.
And for that matter, I also wouldn’t expect them to stay around if the vacation is more important than the birth of their grandchild. We all have our priorities. I said I would be hurt and yes, I would wonder if they’re excited about it and if they want to be involved and caring grandparents when they’re showing that lack of excitement over something that- according to my mother- is the huge dessert of life. I don’t see how that makes me “entitled”. Actions speak louder than words and when someone acts in such a blasé way towards something I was hoping would be exciting for them, then I do have to question if they really care that much about it.

So if they aren't right there right after you give birth you would question their love....That's the entitlement.That's the issue. Going on vacation has nothing to do with love. They wouldn't be missing anything. I didn't realize that to be a good grandparent you wouldn't be able to take vacations until your adult children were out of childbearing phase of life
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm That doesn’t mean you have to be rude and nasty to a person trying to do something nice for you... and you called ME entitled?

What is wrong with you?
Or are you joking ?
But it wouldn't be doing something nice for me. It would just be more of an inconvenience. Anyone who would even know me well enough would know that none of that stuff would be helpful. They would be doing it for their own purpose.Not to help
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, I would. I’m not saying I’m entitled to their love, BTW. Now, THAT would be entitlement, to think that they have to love me or my child. But those actions speak of a lack of interest. If something like a vacation, which you can take at any moment, is more important to you than the birth of your grandson, then it’s obvious that grandson isn’t something you care much about. And here’s the thing: they’re entitled not to care, they’re not obligated to make my child a priority in their lives if they don’t want to. As O said, entitlement would mean feeling that they have an obligation to love us. They don’t.

When my father got sick with pneumonia, my mom wanted to cancel a trip she had planned with a couple of friends. It was non-refundable and she still didn’t care. She wasn’t going. My dad and I had to beg her to go, I promised I would care for him every day, take him to all his doctor appointments and take food for him every day. She eventually relented and went. But the point is, she showed my dad her love and care by putting him before her vacay. If she had not cared and just go, my dad would’ve felt less loved. And that’s not entitlement. When someone loves you, they’re supposed to make you a priority in their lives, not the afterthought. That’s not entitlement, that’s just common sense.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:20 pm It’s not entitlement. I never said I would throw a fit or that I would get angry at them. I said I would be hurt. How is that entitlement? I’ve seen how my parents and in laws were when my kids were born and it was wonderful. They were over the moon over it, they would have said “no” to an all expense paid vacation if that meant leaving just 2 weeks after they were born. And it was wonderful not because I’m an entitled brat, but because they showed me with their presence that they were as excited as we were, that this is event was also a huge thing in their lives.

So if they aren't right there right after you give birth you would question their love....That's the entitlement.That's the issue. Going on vacation has nothing to do with love. They wouldn't be missing anything. I didn't realize that to be a good grandparent you wouldn't be able to take vacations until your adult children were out of childbearing phase of life
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What is wrong with you?
Or are you joking ?
Don't you claim to be a nurse? Babies aren't fully vaccinated at three months...they can't even have the MMR until they are a year and even then they are only partially vaccinated. Plus the whole "keep the baby inside with no visitors" plan has been out of fashion for many many years.
I have doubted you were a nurse many times but this confirmed it. That and your obvious lack of care for anyone but yourself.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s irrelevant. The person isn’t trying to be an inconvenience, the person is trying to do something they think is nice. So again, unless that person purposely offers food and help to piss you off, then it’s uncalled for to be rude to them instead of graciously rejecting their offer and thanking them for it.
And if it’s people that know you well and they still make the faux pas, again... no need to be rude. I honestly don’t have all my friends and family’s rules constant with me, I can forget who’s the one who doesn’t allow anyone in the baby’s presence for 3 months and who’s the one, that like me, had a hot potato baby, going from hand to hand since day one.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:43 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm That doesn’t mean you have to be rude and nasty to a person trying to do something nice for you... and you called ME entitled?

But it wouldn't be doing something nice for me. It would just be more of an inconvenience. Anyone who would even know me well enough would know that none of that stuff would be helpful. They would be doing it for their own purpose.Not to help
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic