Something I dont understand

QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Another discussion on Reddit...A woman is upset because her in laws are going on vacation 2 weeks after her due date....

Why in the hell should her due date have anything to do with someone elses vacation plans? It doesnt mean anything. It doesnt mean you arwnt important to them or they dont care about you. It means they went on vacation.

I dont understand the entitlement of people today.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm Another discussion on Reddit...A woman is upset because her in laws are going on vacation 2 weeks after her due date....

Why in the hell should her due date have anything to do with someone elses vacation plans? It doesnt mean anything. It doesnt mean you arwnt important to them or they dont care about you. It means they went on vacation.

In laws often can't win if they go on vacation a few weeks later they don't care but I bet if the in laws came around to help out she would be complaining they were smothering her and the baby.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm Another discussion on Reddit...A woman is upset because her in laws are going on vacation 2 weeks after her due date....

In laws often can't win if they go on vacation a few weeks later they don't care but I bet if the in laws came around to help out she would be complaining they were smothering her and the baby.
Exactly. I get having issues with in laws. I get having issues with parents. But planning a sit down to discuss how hurtful their vacation is to the expectant parents is ducking petty. Let one of my file try that shit with me....Their feelings would be hurt quickly
Anonymous 2

Unread post

She probably only cares because she's pregnant and hormonal.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The only way I might be upset about them going away would be if MIL had promised to help me with the baby and I had been depending on that help. But that would never happen in my case because I wouldn't be asking for help. I loved being left alone in the days immediately following the births of my kids.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Because some women love to complain about their in laws no matter what they do.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:27 pm The only way I might be upset about them going away would be if MIL had promised to help me with the baby and I had been depending on that help. But that would never happen in my case because I wouldn't be asking for help. I loved being left alone in the days immediately following the births of my kids.
I've never understood needing help with a baby.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:27 pm The only way I might be upset about them going away would be if MIL had promised to help me with the baby and I had been depending on that help. But that would never happen in my case because I wouldn't be asking for help. I loved being left alone in the days immediately following the births of my kids.
Same. Multiples I guess I could understand, that's a handful. A regular birth and singleton though? Not really. I had a friend try to schedule her own meal train and mothers help for the weeks following the birth of her second. No one signed up.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:36 pm
Same. Multiples I guess I could understand, that's a handful. A regular birth and singleton though? Not really. I had a friend try to schedule her own meal train and mothers help for the weeks following the birth of her second. No one signed up.
Lol, that is funny! I never asked either mother not to come by but I preferred to be alone.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:36 pm
Why did she think she needed a meal train and what exactly was she wanting help with? What did she say when no one signed up
Locked Previous topicNext topic