Getting the cigarette smell out

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My mil spent years working on crocheting a beautiful blanket for my dd. She finally finished it but my fil smokes and it smells terrible! How can I get the smell out?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I would soak it in some oxyclean, baking soda and borax for a few days and then soak it in some vinegar water for a while and then wash it with more oxyclean, baking soda and borax and if there is any lingering odor, try Febreze on it.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Air it outside after you wash it.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Wash with Persil then sit it outside to dry
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Air and sun is the best way, you can also wash with a little vinegar and baking soda.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Wash it and dry it outside in the sun.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

The concentrated lysol works well on cigarette smoke. My niece and nephew come home from their dads after the summer and all of their stuff smells of cigarettes. That is what my sister uses to take the smell out. Sometimes the lysol smell is there for a little bit but after a normal wash or two it is fine. Lysol smells better than cigarettes tho worst case
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks it's a beautiful day outside so I'll wash it and hang it out there to dry.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wash it on gentle with baking soda, then rewash with vinegar. I have done this with crocheted stuff and it was fine. My Mom smokes and the baking soda/vinegar takes the smell right out.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wash it with a mild detergent and vinegar then dry outside in the sun
Locked Previous topicNext topic