Why impeaching Trump is “ worth it”.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:13 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:06 pm
jas wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:18 pm

History is hard... all those dates and details.
Nixon was about to be impeached. They had prepared the articles of impeachment. Then, as a result, Nixon resigned to avoid it.
August 1974.
You guys should know this!
We did know this HE was not impeached.
😉🤪😊😋😝
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 pm
jas wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:18 pm

History is hard... all those dates and details.
Nixon was about to be impeached. They had prepared the articles of impeachment. Then, as a result, Nixon resigned to avoid it.
August 1974.
There was solid evidence that would have been enough to impeach Nixon. There was a tape recording of him talking about the wiretap or something. It has been so long since Watergate, my memory is fuzzy. I thought it was stupid to impeach Clinton for banging interns in the Oval Office. They don't have anything solid for Trump, so yes it would be a waste of time. Lack of qualifications and being a jackass is not an impeachable offense.
But banging interns in the Oval Office is not why Clinton was impeached.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:17 pm
August 1974.
There was solid evidence that would have been enough to impeach Nixon. There was a tape recording of him talking about the wiretap or something. It has been so long since Watergate, my memory is fuzzy. I thought it was stupid to impeach Clinton for banging interns in the Oval Office. They don't have anything solid for Trump, so yes it would be a waste of time. Lack of qualifications and being a jackass is not an impeachable offense.
He lied. That’s why.
Big deal. And charges were eventually dropped.
Trump has told hundreds of lies, committed tax fraud, has been accused of sexual misconduct by dozens of women, refuses to submit his tax returns which indicates he has a lot to hide and a lot more.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28 pm

He lied. That’s why.
Trump has told hundreds of lies, committed tax fraud, has been accused of sexual misconduct by dozens of women, refuses to submit his tax returns which indicates he has a lot to hide and a lot more.
No kidding? Can you share with the group when and what the outcome was when Trump was found guilty of perjury and of obstruction of justice?
KAG
Mean Girl
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He lied. That’s why.
Clinton lied to the investigators.
Yes, a big deal.
You know for a fact that Trump committed tax fraud? What proof do you have, and why have you not contacted the authorities? Accusations are just that, accusations. Anyone can do that.
What law says that tax returns have to be submitted to the public? Why does refusal indicate anything more than a desire for privacy? You sure as hell won't ever get to see my tax returns, nor will anyone else. I really don't get this fascination with other peoples money that some have.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:25 am

He lied. That’s why.
Yes, a big deal.
You know for a fact that Trump committed tax fraud? What proof do you have, and why have you not contacted the authorities? Accusations are just that, accusations. Anyone can do that.
What law says that tax returns have to be submitted to the public? Why does refusal indicate anything more than a desire for privacy? You sure as hell won't ever get to see my tax returns, nor will anyone else. I really don't get this fascination with other peoples money that some have.
I’m not fascinated with His Money but the people who investigate him are , along with other of his unusual actions that we haven’t seen from past presidents.
You Trump fans excuse everything he has done or is doing. Why does he get a free pass but none of the democrats did or do? It’s always ...Obama, Hillary...🙄
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:26 am
He lied. That’s why.
Yes, a big deal.
I’m not fascinated with His Money but the people who investigate him are , along with other of his unusual actions that we haven’t seen from past presidents.
You Trump fans excuse everything he has done or is doing. Why does he get a free pass but none of the democrats did or do? It’s always ...Obama, Hillary...🙄
Do you really believe the legal authorities that may be investigating him don’t have access to his tax documents? Or do you mean the self appointed civilian wannabe “reporters”. The people who need access can get it. What makes you believe they can’t?
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:10 am

Yes, a big deal.

Do you really believe the legal authorities that may be investigating him don’t have access to his tax documents? Or do you mean the self appointed civilian wannabe “reporters”. The people who need access can get it. What makes you believe they can’t?
I can’t say if they have access to his tax returns or if they don’t.
But aside from that, he has been charged with other crimes . The State of New York is charging the entire Trump family with tax fraud.
I’m just saying that Trump gets a free pass from his fans.
And he’s guilty of things that presidents can be prosecuted for.
If you don’t know that, it’s just that you’re in denial!
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:47 am
And aside from misdeeds before or during his presidency, the trump family is being charged for tax fraud by the state of New York.
What are the exact charges that should be brought and what proof do you have? I’m not a Trump fan at all but you are throwing out a lot of absolute statements and I haven’t seen you present any proof to back them up.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:58 am
Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:47 am

What are the exact charges that should be brought and what proof do you have? I’m not a Trump fan at all but you are throwing out a lot of absolute statements and I haven’t seen you present any proof to back them up.
They have been published and discussed and argued about already for months and months
And yet you pull a “ prove it” tactic again!
Give it up, smart ass.
Locked Previous topicNext topic